• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dull overcast but quite warm in Manchester

office is mostly empty as it normally is on a Friday.

may wander off early but then I would just be sat at home being bored so I may stay for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ho hum.

Roll on July.

In other news, the frenetic pressing of buttons on the Lidl(tm) bloodpressure thingie eventually got a BP reading of 125/83.

Probably because the batteries are going flat.
      What happens in July?

125/83 isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        What happens in July?

125/83 isn't too bad.
        One's retirement from The New Slough of Despond.

Another hour or so spent crawling along the floor checking what's in the underbench cupboards.

It's even easier to brain yourself with these benches than it was with the olde benches.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          One's retirement from The New Slough of Despond.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day again

Comment

They seem to have an odd way of loading ships.

The one today was down at the stern with the bow rising quite high in the water.

<hiatus>

It's on a rather more even keel now.

Just been reading a press splash re the wonders of The New Slough of Despond.

Odd that it's the coal owners making comments rather than the poor sods at the coal face.

Boyo.

There's tidy then. Butty bach.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 October 2018, 13:42.

Comment

Bored so I have been spamming the brexit threads.

Think I will head home soon - someone's birthday in the pub at 6 so may squeeze a cheeky pint in.

Comment

Moderately active this afternoon, having taken some stuff to the tip on the way to do the shopping.

The items disposed of included what I believe was the last CRT device left in the place: an Acorn monitor for an Archimedes A3000, which had survived previous purges because it was under some other junk that was only recently shifted.

In addition, a couple of motherboards: one with its AMD K2 133MHz processor intact, and one sans processor, which I think may once have housed a 486DX2.

Oh, and an IDE hard disk drive enclosure which, on examination, had patches of rust on its chassis, almost certainly caused by mouse urine, it having previously been in one of the piles of junk they colonised during their reign of terror; and an old Freeview box, which is entirely redundant now, and probably wouldn't even work with whatever changes have been made to Freeview over the years. (And it might have been broken anyway.)

And after that, the shopping. Need a rest now

Comment

Somewhat revivified by a couple of jam doughnuts

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Somewhat revivified by a couple of jam doughnuts
                      Lucky you.

This evening's repast was M&S breaded haddock with Morrisons kippered herring (reduced) for a bit of a change.

Followed by stewed pears and custard.

This evening's rather foolish choice of epic is "Still Alice" with Alec Baldwin and Juliane Moore.

Still Alice (2014) - IMDb

Ho hum.

Now watching the nutjob on his railway walk to Oakhampton.

Comment

Working...
                      X