• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Afternoon all

Off the bench and on site with ClientCo tomorrow
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Aren't you a little "old" for that kind of thing anyway?
      Possibly, but it's always nice to be asked.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Broadband is down. Just to add to the fun, the Service Status section of the Virgin Media site, which had been insisting everything was fine, is now also down - all links, attempts to log in, and so forth lead to a 500 Server Error

At least nowadays the laptop can piggyback on the iPad's 4G connection when this happens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Broadband is down. Just to add to the fun, the Service Status section of the Virgin Media site, which had been insisting everything was fine, is now also down - all links, attempts to log in, and so forth lead to a 500 Server Error

At least nowadays the laptop can piggyback on the iPad's 4G connection when this happens
          Just as well you don't have to use a dial up modem since, IIRC, your phone line doesn't work.

That was the last straw that got me off NTLHell.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Just as well you don't have to use a dial up modem since, IIRC, your phone line doesn't work.

That was the last straw that got me off NTLHell.
            Indeed. The last time it worked was around 2009 when an agency insisted that I fax them something, despite having to wait about a week for the line to be fixed, even though it would have been much faster to send them a copy in the post. That's also the last time I used a dialup modem…

Just got a text from VM saying the problem is fixed. It isn't. Luckily the Service Status page is working again, and admits there may be an "intermittent" problem, which it claims is due to them carrying out "planned improvements" to their service.

It then goes on to say that an engineer is on their way and will hopefully fix the problem soon. That doesn't sound very well planned to me, though I suppose fixing it would count as an improvement

Somebody using the initials RF has been doing a good job of trying to help on their Twitter account though, so credit where credit's due

Comment

Another text message saying everything's fixed, and the Service Status page agrees. The cable modem doesn't; nor does the automated phone wittering system. I finally found a route through said system that got me to a human, and they confirmed that the robots are lying (except the phone one) and it's all fecked

Might wander up to the next corner and see if the engineer's at the box and can give me a better estimate of when it'll be fixed than the robots can manage…

Comment

Another text message saying everything's fixed, and the Service Status page agrees. The cable modem doesn't; nor does the automated phone wittering system. I finally found a route through said system that got me to a human, and they confirmed that the robots are lying (except the phone one) and it's all fecked

Might wander up to the next corner and see if the engineer's at the box and can give me a better estimate of when it'll be fixed than the robots can manage…
                good luck with that,

'sorry, gov, - i'll need to ask the robots'

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  good luck with that,

'sorry, gov, - i'll need to ask the robots'

Probably

Comment

Probably
                    'cynic' is a term coined by idealists, to describe realists???

Comment

It must have seemed like a good idea to someone I suppose:

Bullseye, with Michael Caine and Roger Moore directed by Michael Winner.

Bullseye! (1990) - IMDb

Stone me.

Tea was that thing with onions & carrots & the end of last Sunday's roast that I do.

It was ok, and at least the Marmite made it taste of something.

Dunno if the lack of salt is improving the BP coz I can't be arsed to measure it.

Sweet was stewed pears (the last off the tree) with custard (made with some full fat milk I brought home from the fridge in work and BBE a week ago).

It was nice enough but I'm not used to full fat milk so it tasted a bit odd to me.

The BBE 25/09/18 is neither here nor there.

<hiatus>

Well thank feck that's over.

Bullseye: I'd never heard of it before & hope to never hear of it again.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2018, 21:22.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X