• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a momentary fit of enthusiasm, I have dealt with one of the smaller heaps of junk, which turned out to include several Amazon receipts from around 2005, and a box of assorted papers which had some post from last century at the bottom

Virtually everything has now been binned, recycling-binned, or shredded in advance of being binned

And the fact that I both had the energy to do that and don't now feel exhausted by doing it suggests that the lurgy's grip is loosening

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I like cold sausages - that's why I cooked the whole pack last night, rather than leaving the surplus in the freezer
      I always cook a whole pack, but i nuke the leftovers for sarnies

Comment

Suppose I'd better head off to the Chinese

Comment

Suppose I'd better head off to the Chinese
          Well, it IS saturday

Comment

At the Chinese

Comment

And home again

Comment

At the Chinese
                And home again
                Well, There's a surprise

Comment

This evening's entertainment in the dreary dark was "Educating Rita" with Michael Caine and Julie Walters.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085478/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It was amazingly laugh out loud funny.

I remembered it from the cinema some 35 years ago, but it's still as funny as ever now.

I recall a lady who worked in Siliconix who was on a similar path, doing part time HNC then degree, much to the chagrin of her husband.

I'm not sure, but I think he knocked her about over it.

Seeing the OU thingie on the tv brought back some memories too, of a time when it didn't cost you £3k per unit to get a degree.

Long long ago and far far away.

In other news it would appear that the Oak Island nutjobs have finally got to the bottom of their borehole, only to find, wait for it, Yet Another Cavity To Explore.

Well who'd have thunk it.

I frequently have the illusion out of the corner of my eye that there's something walking across the carpet, but when I turn to look directly, there's nothing there.

Well this time there was a spider the size of a small horse.

Time to get the conkers.

And here we go, the nutjobs are on Blaze.

In fact there's a lot of nutjobs on Blaze.

The Oak Island nutjobs are relatively sensible compared with the alien hunting nutjobs.

That fecking spider is beginning to irritate me a bit.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2018, 21:04.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    This evening's entertainment in the dreary dark was "Educating Rita" with Michael Caine and Julie Walters.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085478/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It was amazingly laugh out loud funny.

I remembered it from the cinema some 35 years ago, but it's still as funny as ever now.

I recall a lady who worked in Siliconix who was on a similar path, doing part time HNC then degree, much to the chagrin of her husband.

I'm not sure, but I think he knocked her about over it.

Seeing the OU thingie on the tv brought back some memories too, of a time when it didn't cost you £3k per unit to get a degree.

Long long ago and far far away.

In other news it would appear that the Oak Island nutjobs have finally got to the bottom of their borehole, only to find, wait for it, Yet Another Cavity To Explore.

Well who'd have thunk it.

I frequently have the illusion out of the corner of my eye that there's something walking across the carpet, but when I turn to look directly, there's nothing there.

Well this time there was a spider the size of a small horse.

Time to get the conkers.
                    I too saw Educating Rita in the cinema around that long ago, and remember it fondly

Dinner has been consumed, and very nice it was

Work on the former pizza place over the road seems to be progressing quite rapidly. The new shopfront they put on the other day now has one of those steel shutters, red in colour, though as yet there's no signage or other indication of what it'll become.

Comment

Fish supper picked up on the way back from the hospital, but unable to find an open offy and my dad’s house is now out of alcohol.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X