• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All!

Day 14 of permydom!

Bolton on't 'ill - not even light yet! - all down hill to Christmas!

Nearly the weekend - which is nice!

Lights on at the Amazon building next door! More traffic too! FFS!

Have a good day all!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Traveling with TGU today. Been a while since I’ve been through the North terminal. It’s been designed for the lowest common denominator
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Wet.

Not windy.

Not dry.

Windmill boat in dock.

Thursday.

Pissed off.

Feeling drunk.

Got locked out of office by going for a slash and leaving Magick Slave Token on desk in office.

Win10 boxes not connecting before 08:08 same as Win7 box on desk.

Eventually logs itself in.

Another Fine Day at the Funny Farm.

Where's the ak?
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, with what the weather app describes as "showers"; looks more like continuous steady drizzle to me

Comment

After much networky faffing about the Win10 box in the lab is still tits up.

This box less so, turns out that by disabling and reenabling the ethernet adaptor, this box gets connected much more quickly.

So switching it off & switching it back on again sort of works.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Grey, with what the weather app describes as "showers"; looks more like continuous steady drizzle to me
            It's as grey as a grey's arse here and getting greyer by the minute.

I'm waiting for the windmill unloading to commence.

How the feck they manage to get those things along the road is remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              After much networky faffing about the Win10 box in the lab is still tits up.

This box less so, turns out that by disabling and reenabling the ethernet adaptor, this box gets connected much more quickly.

So switching it off & switching it back on again sort of works.

It's as grey as a grey's arse here and getting greyer by the minute.

I'm waiting for the windmill unloading to commence.

How the feck they manage to get those things along the road is remarkable.
              We use "wheels".

Just ordered some "bits" from Mouser!!!
              Playtime at the weekend - which is nice!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Manchester is dull, over cast and now raining.

Got the train in today as we have a meeting today followed by beer - which is novel.

Ho hum..

Comment

The mist has gone.

It's been blown away by the horizontal rain & wind.

The flags on the ships are flapping like bedsheets.

Gosh:

http://www.southwalesports.co.uk/Live_Shipping/Berthed/

It's the BBC Seattle.

Well there's a thing:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/430

In other amusements, I've just been informed that there's classes in the little lab next week and for the following fortnight.

That's going to be a bit tricky seeing as there's nothing in there at all.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 September 2018, 13:32.

Comment

There's a Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight, which means I have to have my dinner much earlier than usual, which feels like it's disrupting my whole day and stressing me out

As the rain's holding off briefly, I'm going to do the shopping. Then I don't have to bother about it tomorrow, and can spend the day trying to soothe my jangled nerves.

Comment

Turns out he had a heart attack. He’s recovering in hospital, will get a pacemaker fitted next week.
                      Thanks for the hugs.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X