• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ah! There in the documentation, an aside to the effect that the model classes assume WSG84 unless told otherwise, so naturally they were interpreting the SRID900913 contents of the database such as -130,000 meters as being -130,000 degrees, and therefore well to the left of everything

I've told the models what the true nature of the stuff in the database is, and now it all works as expected

One of those things that makes you wonder if actually reading the documentation, rather than skimming through bits of it as and when, might have been a good idea
    oh, dear, - RTFM <refer to freindly manual>

Comment

Had a novel experience, a rat ran up my trouser leg. Was rescuing it from son's GF's cat.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Forgot the sinkhole programme was on 5.

Ho hum.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Had a novel experience, a rat ran up my trouser leg. Was rescuing it from son's GF's cat.
        I trust it didn't bite you.

Or did you do what my neighbour did & crush it to death with your bare hands?
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Burger and chips for dinner

And, after much mucking about, I have something that renders a zoomable map, centred on the fairly small amount of data I have in the test database on this laptop, in SVG

It just shows a bunch of dots at the moment; polygons, roads, etc. will have to wait. Also, it takes several seconds for the entire thing to render, but that's mainly because the DB is running in a Vagrant virtual machine on here. Anyway, once it's working properly, the idea will be to pre-render stuff into SVG files, so it doesn't really matter if it's slow for me at the moment

Comment

Tonight's fillum was The Trials of Cate McCall (2013), in which Kate Beckinsale plays a recovering-alcoholic lawyer who reckons that despite her personal failings she's really good at what she does, though as the film mentions her involvement in a number of serious miscarriages of justice, I think she may be overestimating her abilities a little. It's a bit dreary, and I even thought about giving up on it, but I was a good way through by then. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it, but it was all a bit worthy for my taste

And after that, a further episode of The West Wing, followed by the last two episode of S1 of The Good Place.

Goodnight all

Comment

16.8 in here, 9.6 min in the laundry room, 13.4 now.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

And wet.

But at least it's Friday.

<hiatus>

Well changing the password did bugger all.

PC still refuses to communicate until "Additional Login Information is required" appears, whereupon it leaps into life.

The ip address thereafter is in a trusted list whateverthefeck that is.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It's a bit dreary, and I even thought about giving up on it, but I was a good way through by then. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it
              I know exactly what you mean.

I had a similar experience yesterday evening.

In other news, the glass cullet ship has left.

Children of Men (2006) is the second of two films in the same year that Clive Owen and Chiwetel Ejiofor starred in, the other being Inside Man (2006).
              I preferred that one.

I think I preferred

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/

too.

In other news, observed a car consistently not using indicators this morning.

It was, of course, an Audi.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2018, 08:26.

Comment

Good morning all!

Day 10 of permydom!

In Bolton on't 'ill - which is nice!

Cloudy but dry at the moment. Lot's of low cloud.

Payday - Which is very nice!

Finish at 13:00 which is even nicerer!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sort of a thin, high haze out there, with assorted bits of white fluffiness bimbling about; fairly bright, though, and around 16°C out/21°C in

Comment

Two phone interviews done.

One called ten minutes late without explanation and then proceeded to quiz me for 20 minutes about some fairly obscure features and technical trivia (and ended with "will you be relocating for this contract?" and "which route will you use to drive here?"). Not impressed.

The other asked a broad but searching set of questions, was personable and explained the project he's doing in detail. I've just heard that he'd like to meet in person next week - plus it's about 15 mins from home and 50 quid a day more than the first one. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Just watched the "Celtic Crusader" tying up alongside after coming into the dock on the tide.

It's all go, here, I tell ye.

Also found a photo of this location back when there was an operating dry dock about 15 feet way.

It's even got a ship in the dry dock in the photo.

Which isn't this one:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-235097248
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2018, 10:26.

Comment

Working...
                      X