• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Eagle gastro pub…
    I contracted at a place on Farringdon Road right next to that a few years ago, across the side road from it on the first floor

Comment

Better get going, I suppose

Comment

Gosh, that was an interesting trip home on the 58.

Via Jersey Marine & Skewen.

Some lune has the bus travelling along roads with cars & vans parked either side, with only just about enough room for the bus.

Then there was the excitement of not being able to make the right turn towards Neath but having to turn left, travel towards Birchgrove to turn around, and then attempt very slowly to travel through Skewen.

The number of incompetent car drivers is remarkable.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And arrived

Journey was uneventful for the most part. A car had been sideswiped by a lorry and ended up nose-first in the central barrier just north of Newport Pagnell services, but the occupants were all out and OK, if looking rather disgruntled, and it only caused a few minutes delay

Comment

In the Harp

Comment

This evening's epic was "Beowulf (2007)" with Anthony Hopkins, Ray Winstone, and Angelina Jolie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442933/

It was amusing enough in its way.

Tomorrow will probably involve "Beowulf & Grendel (2005)" with Gerard Butler & co.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Back in the hotel, with a bit of scran from Chicken Cottage for company. They've redesigned their branding: it's all navy blue and white with Egyptian curved-slab serif (like Clarendon, not Rockwell) lowercase type now

I'm sure the red-white-blue branding lives on in a thousand even-more-off-brand chicken places though. IIRC I posted a thing in Monday Links one time about the small firm that does that for all the chicken shops

Ah, here we are: Monday Links from the Fading Light of 2013 vol. CCIX: Meet Mr Chicken - "You may not know his name but you will certainly know his work: Morris Cassanova (aka Mr Chicken) designs and makes signs for most of the fried chicken shops in the UK."

They've broken their link though: it's now at https://www.creativereview.co.uk/meet-mr-chicken/ and paywalled

Just occurred to me that thanks to the hearing aids, I can now have the hotel telly on and not hit the volume cap, then be annoyed that it's still too quiet
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 8 September 2018, 00:09.

Comment

Not sure I'll manage to be first down for breakfast at this rate

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day here in London

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Not sure I'll manage to be first down for breakfast at this rate
                      I did

Comment

Working...
                      X