• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The electrick board wants to change my meter.

It's ok to want something, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
    They've sent me a couple of letters about that, which I've ignored

Tea tonight was the last of the assorted predigested pre-cooked things I bought out of idle curiosity (and idleness): a bit of cooked pork shoulder with a barbecue sauce. The idea is that you reheat it, tip the sauce on and give it another five minutes, then pull it to bits with a couple of forks while mixing in the sauce, thereby presumably creating an approximation to pulled pork. I don't know whether you're supposed to have pulled pork with chips, but I did

It was OK, but nothing special. I'd rather have had a rack of ribs.

I seem to have put on a few pounds during the time I've been eating those pre-prepared things, though that doesn't mean they're to blame; I wasn't eating them all the time. Either way, I'm going back to making stuff myself more often now the hot weather, which made it fairly unbearable to cook, has passed

Comment

Tonight's televisual feast has been the first couple of episodes of Bodyguard on that there iPlayer. Very good stuff, as is usually the case with Jed Mercurio's stuff

Now to enjoy my new pillows

Goodnight all

Comment

18.1 in the living room, 14.9 in the laundry room with a 14.4 min overnight.

Looks like a CBS out there today, but it's slightly early for dawn's rosy fingers.

Distinctly chilly out there.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning All!

Day 3 of PermyDom

In the Bolton office - It's sunny and dry up here on't 'ill! Which is nice!

Online document security training course to plod through, it's 12 months since I did the last one and as I got a "gentle" reminder to complete this one "Tout de suite!", I'd better get cracking!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Welcome back oPM!
            Gee thanks!

It is very warm n sunny today.

Driving along the 56 was a bit of a mare due to the sun being low on the horizon and thus looking much bigger than norma due to atmospheric refraction or some other such thing.

zzzzz

Comment

Morning all

Overcast here, also reeling in shock from the announcement that Michael Gove has done something decent. (no, he hasn't resigned or fallen on his sword)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Gee thanks!

It is very warm n sunny today.

Driving along the 56 was a bit of a mare due to the sun being low on the horizon and thus looking much bigger than norma due to atmospheric refraction or some other such thing.

zzzzz
                I can't say I envy you that drive every morning!

PermyCo Bolton office is 6 miles from home - which is nice!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  I can't say I envy you that drive every morning!

PermyCo Bolton office is 6 miles from home - which is nice!
                  It is the only part of the job which I dislike!

Although it is not to bad doing it at 6.30 - only takes 45 mins door to door

same if I leave at 3.30 - which i can

not done a 9-5 for years.

although once i have tied up a few loose ends here I am planning on getting something closer to home.

Comment

Nearly caught the bus this morning.

I'd have got here about 45 minutes earlier (assuming the traffic isn't bad at 07:30ish which it probably is).

Sun is shining in through the unblinded windows which will make the esteemed customers half blind when they're attempting to see wtf is on the monitor screen.

At a guess it'll take about 10 years for this to be fixed.

I should be dead by then.

My heart age is 69 apparently.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Suspiciously sunny in Mancunia this morning.

Traffic significantly heavier than yesterday due to the schools reopening.
                      Permie-boom - passed my probation after six months as a permie. Work/life balance is good, home in time to watch The Chase most evenings. Can't believe that bint taking -£8,000 last night. Grrr.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X