• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRUNT. Another landline fault while an Openreach idiot was fiddling about over the road. I went and told him our phone was dead and he said he'd check. Now he's driven off and it's not fixed!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sausages in rolls for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        GRUNT. Another landline fault while an Openreach idiot was fiddling about over the road. I went and told him our phone was dead and he said he'd check. Now he's driven off and it's not fixed!
        It all makes work for the working man to do

Comment

Back from a nice break in Cornwall.

Par Food Market - Penare Farm has a stall there doing burgers, etc from grass-fed Dexter cattle

The Stables have opened a branch at Fistral beach in Newquay, with fantastic cider and pizza.

Maritimo tapas in Plymouth gets a thumbs up, as do:
          Lewinnick Lodge (pub/restaurant), Newquay
          Perran Dairy Ice Cream, Perranporth
          The Basement (cream teas & coffee), Padstow
          The Ship Inn (decent pub grub), Fowey
          Lakeside Cafe (fruit de mere), Newquay
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The new pillows have arrived!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The new pillows have arrived!
              thats is 43 stops in 3 hours

or 15 ish stops per hour

or 1 stop every 4 minutes

did they guy have a red hat and a lorry pulled by reindeer?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                thats is 43 stops in 3 hours

or 15 ish stops per hour

or 1 stop every 4 minutes

did they guy have a red hat and a lorry pulled by reindeer?

No, but he had another parcel addressed to "Flat 8, Leicester"

I wondered why he thought I might be the person to ask about it, and he pointed out that it had the same postcode as us. All I could tell him was that the postcode runs from the next street up towards town down to the pub by the railway bridge (including the Iceland store), that some of the houses had more flats than others, and that ours didn't have eight; but other than that, I couldn't help

After a mattress flip top-to-tail, which is harder than you'd think, all the new bedding has now been installed. Tempted to ignore that it's the middle of the afternoon and crash out for a bit, just to check it all works

Comment

It was much easier turning the mattress in the parents' house than it is in mine.

Dunno why, I think the room must be appreciably smaller or something.

I crashed out at lunch time.

Put the Wagner on & snored for a bit.

Got woken up by a loud bit.

Can't turn the lights off in here, it's controlled by a PIR.

As long as I don't twitch too much it goes off eventually.

<hiatus>

So that's 0.75 miles at the Neath end and 1.2 miles at the Swansea end.

As near as damn it, 4 miles a day.

No wonder I'm fecked.

And the traffic lights are tulipe too.

<hiatus>

The fish was M&S breaded haddock, which was quite nice, and was followed by stewed apple & custard.

Should I want more stewed apple tomorrow then I'd better pull my digit out & cook some tonight.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2018, 18:39.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    It was much easier turning the mattress in the parents' house than it is in mine.

Dunno why, I think the room must be appreciably smaller or something.
                    Lack of space definitely makes it trickier.

Comment

The electrick board wants to change my meter.

It's ok to want something, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Currently watching something called "Medium" on CBS Drama.

It's just about keeping me awake.

Listened to an interesting programme about Spanish flu on R4 at 20:00.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2018, 20:35.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X