• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Well make that 3 so far.

And there'll be another trip tomorrow.

Feck me where did he get all this wood from?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Why not put it on free cycle/Freegle then people will collect

Comment

It's better off in the skip, being variously rotten, worm infested, soaking wet or otherwise useless.

The other option is burning it but I prefer the skip option.

Picked up a nice Stanley plane out of the metals skip.

I'd have had the spanners too but one of the oiks seemed too interested in what I was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Sardine toasties for lunch

The tileserver project is now at the point where I need something to edit certain large and complex configuration files written in XML. As is the usual way with these things, I have downloaded an open source editor for such files that supposedly works on Mac, Windows, and Linux; it refuses to install because, apparently, my (working) version of Python 3.6.5 isn't in a very specific place that it presumably has hardcoded into it.

So now I'm probably going to build my own editor, because it'll almost certainly be quicker than buggering about trying to get the open source thing working only to find it doesn't do quite what I want
          This is the Mickeysoft version, I always download if its a restrictive install site. Not perfect but good enough.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...s.aspx?id=7973

Welcome to Microsoft XML Notepad

But Notepad++ has support for XML via plugins. Its not as good as some paid ones but it does code highlighting & formatting. Error checking can be done with online tools.

A really quick way to format your XML - use Notepad++ with the 'XML Tools' plug in - elbsolutions.com Project List & Blog
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            This is the Mickeysoft version, I always download if its a restrictive install site. Not perfect but good enough.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...s.aspx?id=7973

Welcome to Microsoft XML Notepad

But Notepad++ has support for XML via plugins. Its not as good as some paid ones but it does code highlighting & formatting. Error checking can be done with online tools.

A really quick way to format your XML - use Notepad++ with the 'XML Tools' plug in - elbsolutions.com Project List & Blog
            It's not editing XML as such; I've got no end of things for that. It's editing styles for OpenStreetMap data. The styles end up being exported in an XML file for use by Mapnik, which renders the tiles accordingly.

Anyway, I've decided not to bother with that just yet; I should be OK for now with the default OSM styles

TileStache is now working to generate tiles on the fly using Mapnik as I zoom the map in and out or pan around

Comment

Currently watching, on PBS, the thing about the Lorentz machine and Bill Tutte and Tommy Flowers.

It's the Timewatch from some years ago.

Comment

Tea tonight has been the last of the chicken jalfrezi out of the freezer, with the usual rice and naan; and very nice it was

Living room temperature still holding steady at 22°C.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  No telly tonight apart from yet another air ambulance programme on some channel or other while eating dinner. Is there any time when there isn't a channel showing an air ambulance programme?
                  No air ambulance programme this evening, so instead, the local air ambulance came flying past my window while I was eating dinner, on its way to drop somebody off up at A&E. There is no escape…

Comment

18.7 in here.

Currently falling asleep watching "Horizon".

I can remember when that didn't happen.

It's all about colour being an illusion.

Very odd.

Just seen a photo of the "office" the unfortunate academics will occupy in the new building.

Think of dilbert's office without any separators with everyone cheek by jowl.

Makes you wonder what sort of feckwhit dreams up this stuff.

Ah.

Of course.

It's the curly headed c**t from Carmarthen. .

Say no more.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2018, 21:51.

Comment

A further episode of Fargo S2 watched. It's very good indeed

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X