• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes it difficult to drive as it can get stuck in the spokes of the wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      IIRC there was a Great Sigh of Relief since it was the end of the line (until now) for Picard & chums.
      Just when you thought it was safe: New Star Trek series with Patrick Stewart confirmed | Den of Geek

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Now you see the first season of Discovery was not too bad at all - if you can get around the fact the main protagonist is a man (or woman) who now identifies as a woman (or man) I never could get which....

So i kind of look forward to old baldy making a reappearance.

Comment

Indeed, Number One, hence the "until now".

Engage.

Happily enough for me, since it's streamed as is "Discovery", I'll never see it.

In much the same sort of way that I don't bother watching the J. J. Abrams reboots with "Star" in the titles.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 August 2018, 13:32.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Indeed, Number One, hence the "until now".

Engage.

Happily enough for me, since it's streamed as is "Discovery", I'll never see it.

In much the same sort of way that I don't bother watching the J. J. Abrams reboots with "Star" in the titles.
            You are actually missing some great special effects and very tight dresses.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

just be glad its not the bewigged war criminal!

Space cow(old)boys rebooted or resuscitated.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm off to the hospital this afternoon so somebody can peer gloomily at the weird section of my operation scar and prognosticate about it
                There and back on foot in under ninety minutes

Would have been even quicker without the obligatory twenty minute wait after the appointed time

Anyway, turns out my scar is mildly hypertrophic but not worth bothering about. So I've been referred on to the occupational therapists who will issue me with some kind of stretching exercises I can do that probably won't have any effect, but the fact of telling me to do them means I can be signed off as having had Something Done

(He didn't put it like that; I'm reading between the lines a bit.)

Comment

By the by, it's dashed hot out

Going to cool down for a bit from tomorrow, it seems. Fine by me

Comment

Picking with rain here.

Much colder & it'll snow, I reckon.

Tea, unusually for a Tuesday, was M&S breaded haddock, followed by a generous helping of Bird's custard with stewed blackberries.

I had to reheat the previous batches to sterilise them a bit so they could go in the freezer, the fridge not being cold enough at the moment.

I shall defrost the fridges sometime this week in an attempt, no doubt vain, to improve their cooling effectiveness.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 August 2018, 17:47.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Clouding over a bit here now

I think I might go to the chip shop for my tea…

Comment

Working...
                      X