• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to the Chinese

Comment

Back, with dinner

Comment

barbecue at one of the churches. Miss Micro V enjoyed playing with her friends.

I'm now up for a bike trip on Wednesday. My partner rides to Geneva for fun & charity.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          barbecue at one of the churches. Miss Micro V enjoyed playing with her friends.

I'm now up for a bike trip on Wednesday. My partner rides to Geneva for fun & charity.
          What bike will you be riding?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            What bike will you be riding?
            the one that goes for miles!

the 92 Hardrock.

Its the only thing the thieving bastards haven't nicked!

I love reminding the Miss V's that its older than either of them!

Comment

Tonight's multimovie experience opened with 7 Seconds (2005), of which I think

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              This evening's first feature was "7 seconds" with Wesley Snipes and Tamsin Outhwaite:: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417395/

It was ok in a "I only paid 33p for this " sort of way.

Made Blade II look like "Citizen Kane" though.
              is a rather generous review

I saw that Tamzin Outhwaite waiting for a cab outside Television Centre when I was there interviewing for my BBC News gig in 1999. That was when she was still in EastEnders, rather than making action thrillers of dubious quality

After that, the third part of the thing that is dignified by the overarching title The Divergent Series (which sounds like something I didn't properly understand in O Level Maths): Allegiant (2016). This is getting rather silly, but then again, it's a future-dystopia-teen thing, so it's allowed to. OK for what it is.

And finally, a rewatch of Taxi Driver (1976). A gloriously bleak film

I don't think I'd realised before that Scorsese himself appears in there as the passenger describing how he's going to kill his wife with a .44 Magnum.

Goodnight all

Comment

How curious, I watched "7 Seconds" a mere 2 months ago and have absoluckingfutely no recollection of it whatsoever.

Just as well from the sounds of it.

I must admit that the vision of Viggo Mortensen's scrawny arse from "The Road" seems to have stuck with me, and not in a good way.

Somewhere in the pile of dvds behind me is a copy of "Taxi Driver", and a copy of "Death Wish" (with Bronson not Willis).

I may take my life in my hands & attempt to extract same sometime today.

<3 hour hiatus>

For the first time ever, I have a shoulder of lamb.

There's a lot of it, so I suspect I'll still be eating it on Thursday.

Unless I do sommat about portion control & pig out on it instead.

Just spent an entire hour picking up the windfall apples & disposing of them in the overfull compost heap.

It's not too hot out there under the tree, in the sun it's unbearable, but there is a nice breeze.

And, at 12:04 it's time for the big R4 <click> once again.

<taps screen> Oh dear I must be living in a post apocalyptic world and never noticed.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 July 2018, 11:09.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

fish finger sandwich for lunch, - with HP sauce

Comment

Yep 7 seconds is about as long as it stays in the memory. Ms Outhwaite however does look good in Combats

My Snipes is starting to show his age, he is slightly less ridiculous than Steven Senior Seagal but not much.

Comment

The roast lamb was Very Nice.

Now enjoying the first of my mugs of tea before the afternoon shoppe and other chores.

<hiatus>

Couldn't be arsed with the other chores after the shopping expedition.

So attempted to watch "Leaving Las Vegas" with Nick Cage & Elizabeth Shue but it seemed very unappealing after 10 mins so I watched "Campus Code (a.k.a Timeshifters)" instead.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2639514/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's very much like a student film & has cameos from such unknowns as Marty Scorsese and Ray Liota.

To be honest I nearly fell asleep & it has nothing whatever to do with time.

Currently watching "The Thin Red Line" with Jim Caviezel, Sean Penn, Nick Nolte, et al, being the story of the joys of Guadalcanal in WWII.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120863/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Stone me, that took a while.

It wasn't as good as "The Pacific", the miniseries of some years ago.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 July 2018, 20:21.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X