• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    It's just as well I have piles towers of dvds coz there's bugger all on the box.

300 channels of tulipe on the tv to choose from.
    When I got the big telly I hooked a 4TB drive up to it so I could take advantage of its ability to do things like "series record" from broadcast TV and what have you.

Never used it to speak of, though the intermittent disappearance of the signal from the aerial doesn't help

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I decided not to go shopping this afternoon, but to wait till this evening.

Now I'm sitting here unwilling to start doing anything as "I'll have to stop soon to go shopping"
      Shopping done

It's definitely a lot less hassle than doing it in the day, though they're doing night roadworks at the road down to the motorway junction at the moment and had just coned it off when I got to that roundabout coming back. Lots of lorries and vans getting confused by the fact that they'd have to go all the way round again and off in a completely different direction to be able to double back along an alternative route to the junction

Comment

For tea, burger and fries: being one of those M&S characterise as their "Best Ever Burger", and it was pretty nice as burgers go. I stuck it in a sesame seeded roll, toasted on the inside, with a thick dollop of tomato relish

And now the recycling bin has been trundled forth, so I can sit back, relax, and moan about how hot it is in here for the rest of the evening

Comment

Gammon steak (i know it's not currently trendy, but feck it) and chips for dinner.

Watching a rockumentary or whatever about jeff beck.
          I'd almost forgotten how feckin brilliant he is.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Greggs is only a couple of hundred yards up the road from home - no car required!
            have you got an opticians and a chemist too?
            That would be a cool street

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              b]Gammon[/b] steak (i know it's not currently trendy, but feck it) and chips for dinner.
              You can’t use that word any more, it raises the blood pressure of some on here and they cry racism!

Anyway, TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                have you got an opticians and a chemist too?
                That would be a cool street
                Yes - though the opticians I use is actually an optical lab that makes and sells glasses at much less than optician's prices. There's several normal opticians too, though. And there are at least two pharmacies I can think of, though I use one on the road parallel, for obscure historical reasons

Comment

Tonight saw a return to the ongoing watch-the-Bonds-in-order project with Moonraker (1979). I didn't think I'd seen this one before, but after about halfway through there were a number of familiar scenes. I suspect I may have seen the last half of it back in the bad old days when we turned the TV on and had to accept whatever was being shown, and if we'd missed the start, tough. Anyway, like the ones that precede it, it's showing its age a bit now. OK for what it is though

Goodnight all

Comment

Last evening's epic was "Sin City" as viewed by Mr Fitz a little while ago.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/

What a strange film.

It was ok in its way.

I don't think it's an 8 though.

There was the sound of gentle raindrops* a few moments ago.

*Dunno what they were but raindrops they weren't.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2018, 10:40.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                      Overcast here, but no sign of rain.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X