• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of his doctors had noted on his chart that 'patient is a little s.o.b'

What does my genius friend do in response? He writes 'well **** you too' underneath it, and then spent the next few days dying of embarrassment when someone gently points out to him that it stands for short of breath.

Comment

Juvenile Starlings are the feral estate kids of the bird world.

Noisy, aggressive, anti-social thugs.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Finally, after years of searching: La Cabina on DVD arrived in today's post

Comment

Apparently Wednesday evening will be a good time to go shopping

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Mr ms has been trying to perfect the fruit cake (Grandma's fruit cake), in order to present a perfect example at BIL's thanksgiving service tomorrow (which co-incidentally clashes with the ENG/SWE game, much to his distress!)

We are now on sunken fruitcakes #7 and 8. I fear we will be living off fruit cake until at least September.
            I'm pretty sure fruitcakes are like lottery wins. Even poor ones are good & worth remembering. Win £10 and you are happy, earn £20 you are just tired.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Popped over to Sainsbury's Local. Coming back, one of the chaps from next door was stood on the pavement over the road with a bottle of beer in hand, chatting to some other bloke. He's the kind of chap that will shake your hand as well as saying hello, so I ended up stopping to do this, and inevitably being asked if I'd watched the football

I denied any such activity, thereby revealing that I am "not a football person, then?"

Other Bloke then asked whether, if they made it to the final, I'd watch it. Although he seemed pleasant enough, he was an unknown quantity, lacking all of his front teeth and had clearly been drinking for much of the afternoon, so I said I probably would, discretion being the better part of valour. They liked this, going "Aaah! Yes!" and clapping me on the shoulder and what have you, and thus I was able to make my escape with wishes for a pleasant evening

I won't

Comment

Right, off to the Chinese

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Eating the Chinese

Comment

And very nice it was

Comment

Working...
                      X