• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger me if it doesn't look like imminent rain. Hopefully slightly more imminent than WW3, if you catch my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Gosh.

So the move starts on July 23rd.

That's sommat to look forward to.
      Has the buddleia become so huge that the current location has to be abandoned?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Has the buddleia become so huge that the current location has to be abandoned?
        Dunno.

Moved from that building 5 years ago.

This move will require a bit more than the Little Red Van and a sack truck since it's down to the fecking docks.

Or what used to be the docks.

Back in the day, like.

An exercise in compressing several large old buildings into two much smaller ones.

Happily I don't have much time left in the slough of despond so it's either early retirement (losing some pension), voluntary redundancy (which they haven't offered this year naturally enough), or going with the flow & laughing my nuts off as it all goes tits up.

Which it inevitably will.

With a little help here & there just to make sure.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ham toastie for lunch

Comment

Off out shortly for a leaving do.

A permie from a previous client is finishing, and her boss has invited me along, since I was contracting there back in the day before they offshores their IT department.

It’s always good to keep in contact with previous clients, and any excuse for a good Indian meal...
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's tea has been chicken and barley soup, and very nice too

Comment

Tea was the usual lentil <pffffft> soup, with (inadvisedly) stewed prunes and custard for sweet.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

TV turned out to be last evening's Rich Hall thing from BBC4, followed by the unaired pilot for "Person of Interest", purely because I like it.

I won't be watching all of S1 again, but it made a pleasant change.

Comment

No tele tonight, as I got distracted by this thread on a forum for medical types about the bizarre things they encounter in the emergency room (A&E over here): Things I Learn From My Patients

E.g. "If an 83-year old man arrives choking to the ER and you manage to remove the piece of meat that was blocking his airway, do leave the piece of meat in the tray so that the 17 year old drunk/stoned pt you have in the other bed can eat it."

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.

Weird skies in Leicester about half an hour ago - quite heavy grey clouds with a sort of greasy yellow tinge to the light. Not sure what to make of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      No tele tonight, as I got distracted by this thread on a forum for medical types about the bizarre things they encounter in the emergency room (A&E over here): Things I Learn From My Patients
                      Ooooo, that's a good one.

Must remember not leave flashlights, shampoo bottles, pickle jars, etc. on the floor, just in case, like.

If you diagnose a patient with gonorrhea, be sure to ask if she has any family members she would like to treat as well, because I was at a loss when I was asked the question "Should I treat my dog, too?"

the painless chancre of primary syphilis, the cauliflower-like growths of HPV, the blisters of herpes, and the urethral discharge of gonorrhea/chlamydia can, indeed, all exist on a single penis.

the owner of the above penis presented with a chief complaint of "cuts on my dick"...........hmmm

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Morning all.

Weird skies in Leicester about half an hour ago - quite heavy grey clouds with a sort of greasy yellow tinge to the light. Not sure what to make of it all.
                      If you see the four horsemen then I'm afraid it's probably all over.

The psychotic dog is back.

Really makes my day listening to the little fecker barking all day.

His owner was there too.

Feck me.

Last 5 or 6 at Bottom of the page.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...257985/page-15

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2018, 11:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X