• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS.

Now there's postgrads in the lab.

And I was quite happily snoozing away listening to Wagner.

And it wasn't Gotterdammerung.

Naturally the specified PIC wasn't available, so Another had to be found, this being the PIC12F1572 which cannot be programmed using the PicStart Plus, as seems to be the way of things these days.:suicide.

So it's DrS to the rescue getting the PICKIT3 programming adaptor to work.

First mistake: the pic has 8 pins. So does a 741. You can't program a 741.

2nd mistake: using a pic that can't be programmed by the PicStart Plus.

3rd mistake: the first pic out of the tube was defective.

After much cursing and sweating and changing pickit3s about, finally there's one that passes the blank check.

I'm not paid enough for this crap.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2018, 13:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Couple of cold chicken thighs for lunch

I'm trying to work out whether the heat will make it more unpleasant to drive to Sainsbury's or to walk up the road to the Co-op. The Co-op is only a few minutes away, but the car has air conditioning, and is in the shade of a tree from about noon onwards so isn't too hot to start with (if I leave it another hour or so).

I'll probably spend the rest of the day trying to calculate the tradeoffs, then end up going to neither

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Just got out of bed

The joys of the great unwashed!
        I need to join the great unwashed...

this working lark is staring to grind.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Couple of cold chicken thighs for lunch

I'm trying to work out whether the heat will make it more unpleasant to drive to Sainsbury's or to walk up the road to the Co-op. The Co-op is only a few minutes away, but the car has air conditioning, and is in the shade of a tree from about noon onwards so isn't too hot to start with (if I leave it another hour or so).

I'll probably spend the rest of the day trying to calculate the tradeoffs, then end up going to neither
          its cooler today, off to lay concrete. No that is not an euphemism for too much fibre, its Ballast, Cement & water in a mixer!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            its cooler today, off to lay concrete. No that is not an euphemism for too much fibre, its Ballast, Cement & water in a mixer!
            Saw a friend off to the coast earlier. Worst part about being a perm is the distinctly average amount you rack up while doing so.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yes. Tell me about it.

In other news, after finding all the errors in the wiring of said oik's breadboard, he's now about to randomly poke about with a meter & a scope in the futile hope that it's going to leap into life all on its own.

Oh how I'll larf.

First problem: having reverse biased the LM35 I'll bet it's fecked & not in a good way.

2nd problem: that pic is fecking complicated.

It many only have 8 pins but by deity there's a load of tulipe in that little package, all of which will need setting up.

This is down to an esteemed colleague who seems determined to use all these fecking complicated pics when the kiddies can barely get their (and my) heads around the old ones.

3rd problem: good luck with getting that 741 opamp to work off 5V.

4th problem: I'm going home in half an hour.

There's a lot of clicking of keyboard keys going on.

I think he's running the simulator.

DrS has little faith in simulators.

Odd that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Problem solved by going to Iceland, which I always forget is just a few doors away, so close in fact that it's got the same postcode as me

And this also meant I was able to get a few Greggs steak bakes and chicken bakes for the freezer

Comment

Oh good.

First the milk is sour, now the sky box reckons the viewing card is fecked.

Deep & abiding joy.

Then again, considering I'm watching so little wtf is the point of keeping it?

Oh, following the destructions on the sky site seems to have brought it back to life.

I was hoping to save some money, what with nearly being retired like.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2018, 19:18.

Comment

Roast gammon, chips, fried egg, and beans for tea; extremely nice

I've quite fancied the idea of having that for a few days now, but there was assorted other stuff that Needed To Be Eaten™

Comment

Someone very kindly loaned me The Brittas Empire S2.

Unfortunately I'm unable to watch it because he irritates me so much.

Much the same applies to "The Office" but even more so.

In other news, as I was clearing up some dead leaves outside I made the unpleasant discovery that something had been using them as a lavatory.

On a number of occasions.

If there's anything more unpleasant than dog tulipe it must be cat tulipe.

Which I stepped in.

Cleared it all up, took the bag down the garden so I can burn it all at some stage, then discovered that next door had "lost" the new puppy.

Panic stations.

Then the damn thing came out from wherever it had been hiding to relief all round.

And it crapped on the lawn to celebrate.

I was quite happy since it wasn't my lawn it was crapping on.

Their cat is particularly pissed off with the dog.

Which bodes ill in my experience.

TFBSZ.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2018, 21:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X