• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pâté on toast for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      RIP Mr Tiddles, AKA Mr T., Tiddy, Tiddles the Wonder Cat.

You were the best One Eyed, Toothless, Arthritic, Crooked Backed, Twisted legged cat anyone could wish for. You will be missed.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You were the best One Eyed, Toothless, Arthritic, Crooked Backed, Twisted legged cat anyone could wish for. You will be missed.

Sorry for yours and MrsB’s loss
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Comment

I've spent the afternoon huddled away in the workshop sending out my CV to various ex-clients and other contacts. With any luck one of them will hear something and pass it along. The market does seem pretty quiet though - perhaps the usual summer lull.

Tomorrow is likely to be notice day. I need to just bite the bullet and move on, otherwise I'll blink and find I've been here in my comfortable permie-shaped hole for five years getting fat(ter) and soft.

Comment

Just popped outside briefly. It's too damn hot and too damn sunny out there

Comment

Indeed.

For this very reason I keep all the windows, doors & curtains firmly closed.

At least that's kept it down to 25.8 deg C in here.

The .8 is probably due to the sweat & heat coming off me after eating my tea.

Which was some of yesterday's beef.

Yum.

I discovered today that in the 1800s prussic acid (hydrogen cyanide) was used as a painkiller.

Of course if you used a bit too much it was extremely effective & you never felt pain ever again.

Just watched last week's "Carter" which was reasonably funny, followed by "Low Winter Sun" which was anything but.

Quite disappointed with tis last, it's fairly uninteresting really.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 July 2018, 19:51.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Indeed.

For this very reason I keep all the windows, doors & curtains firmly closed.
                  I tried pulling the blind down for a few hours in the kitchen this evening, and that seems to have kept it from getting quite as hot in there

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      I've spent the afternoon huddled away in the workshop sending out my CV to various ex-clients and other contacts. With any luck one of them will hear something and pass it along. The market does seem pretty quiet though - perhaps the usual summer lull.

Tomorrow is likely to be notice day. I need to just bite the bullet and move on, otherwise I'll blink and find I've been here in my comfortable permie-shaped hole for five years getting fat(ter) and soft.
                      Join the club, last week my new boss of 5 days (third in a year or fourth if you count 2 months without a manager). I wandered in and was surprised to find the hatchet woman from Human remains. Apparently I'm now redundant.

12 weeks in lieu of notice takes my war chest up to ~ 1 year or 18 months if we live frugally. The sun is shining so I am busy doing the Garden and sending out CVs. Worst case I go into the light selling my body by the hour.

I'm not entirely unhappy!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X