• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC I last watched In Which We Serve a few years ago - I've got it in a David Lean box set, along with a bunch of other good stuff. I should watch all of those again some time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I watched the extended cut in iTunes, and the theatrical cut is also there as part of the package; no director's cut, though. I'll have to watch the theatrical version, as it seems to be sufficiently different to justify the time
      And so it came to pass, as it seemed like a good idea to watch the theatrical version while the extended one was still fresh in my memory. There's a few lines skipped here and there in the early part. Then there's a major change around the middle. Then there's a chunk that's roughly the same, with some modifications to bring the story into line with the major change, and then a completely different ending. Both good, though

There's a burglar alarm going off over the road somewhere. Luckily the trees are leafy enough to do a fairly good job of muffling it

Goodnight all

Comment

29.7 deg C in here this morning.

Unbearable.

WTF am I doing this for?

It's not entertaining, the money is crap, it's hot, and it's tedious almost beyond endurance.

I think it's time I retired.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc as usual.

Band practice last night followed by helping friends with their wedding preparations, i.e. sitting outside drinking wine until the wee small hours.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First time in Manchester yesterday that I actually had to sit in the shade because it was too hot in the sun. Not within 15 miles of either of the moorland fires, either, so it was simply scorchio in itself. Lager shandy leaves you far more functional on a Monday than lager does.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

For yesterday's blessed rain and today's slight overcast, much thanks.

And it's still too hot to stay in the lab.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 July 2018, 08:41.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watched the last episode of The Bridge (Bron/Broen) at the weekend.

The first 3 series were 10 episodes each, series 4 was only 8 and had an ending that had me worried at one point, but a good finish. If you haven't watched all of it, it's definitely worth watching (if you like Scandi noir detective series)

For any of you who have watched it, CKK 511 is going to be auctioned at Goodwood next weekend for charity.
                Saga's Porsche 911S from The Bridge set for charity auction | Classic & Sports Car
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Surprise! Sunny and hot

Comment

Can see the smoke from the fires in sunny Manc....

Mondays suck

Comment

Friday's invoice is listed in tomorrow's scheduled payments on my account. Can't fault these guys for turnaround time

Comment

Working...
                      X