• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Back from the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Back from the Chinese
        And very nice too

Comment

The Saturday Spy Special started with Salt (2010). Lots of double-crossing and triple-crossing in this, and I thought it was very good

To continue the theme: Red Sparrow (2018), which is deserving of trigger warnings for having a heck of a lot of sexual abuse and torture; more than one might expect from a Hollywood film featuring a big star like Jennifer Lawrence. But the violence is relevant to the story, and it's a cracking film

And to round off the evening, after last night's La cabina, I felt it was time for a rewatch of one of my favourite films: Lola Rennt, aka Run Lola Run. As always, I switched to the original German soundtrack with English subtitles. I've never seen it in the dubbed-into-English form, and I hope I never will. One of the best films ever made, and worth watching on Blu-ray if only to be able to spot all the different hues dyed into Lola's hair, some of which I'd missed before. There's always something new to find in this film

Goodnight all

Comment

The Saturday Spy Special started with Salt (2010). Lots of double-crossing and triple-crossing in this, and I thought it was very good
            The dvd possessed by DS has a least 2 and maybe 3 versions of this, the theatrical cut, the extended cut, and possibly the director's cut.

The first two are rather different, can't speak of the 3rd since I was salted out by that stage.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835...ef_=tttrv_sa_4
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 July 2018, 07:56.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all CBS as ever here. Nice morning walk along the beach at Ferring yesterday.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Too darn hot

I think we're at the point where the flat's taking in more heat each day than it can shed at night, turning the place into a slowly heating oven, in which I sit cursing the idiot who painted the sash windows at the front shut about eleven years ago

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  The dvd possessed by DS has a least 2 and maybe 3 versions of this, the theatrical cut, the extended cut, and possibly the director's cut.

The first two are rather different, can't speak of the 3rd since I was salted out by that stage.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835...ef_=tttrv_sa_4
                  I watched the extended cut in iTunes, and the theatrical cut is also there as part of the package; no director's cut, though. I'll have to watch the theatrical version, as it seems to be sufficiently different to justify the time

Comment

I watched the extended cut in iTunes, and the theatrical cut is also there as part of the package; no director's cut, though. I'll have to watch the theatrical version, as it seems to be sufficiently different to justify the time
                    Sufficiently different to justify the use of the time.

Oh the relief.

The sky is A Proper Dark Grey Colour & it's attempting, rather halfheartedly, to rain.

The beef has been roasted.

It was very nice.

Rather than the lower temperature I've been using recently, it was nuked like a nuked thing.

Very nice indeed.

The Other Good News is that Eddie Mair is leaving the BBC so the PM programme will need another sit down comedian to replace the twat.

Afternoon denizens

Too darn hot

I think we're at the point where the flat's taking in more heat each day than it can shed at night, turning the place into a slowly heating oven, in which I sit cursing the idiot who painted the sash windows at the front shut about eleven years ago
                    Who would have done such a foolish thing?
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 July 2018, 12:21.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Who would have done such a foolish thing?
                      Presumably the cheapest person that could be found to shin up the scaffolding. I was working away during the week at the time, so was unable to prevent it; I came home one Friday and found the windows sealed shut

Comment

Working...
                      X