• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the doctor’s. Now, we wait…

Comment

Glorious sunny day in MCR. Not used to this. Not complaining though.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Back from the doctor's, clutching a prescription for some kind of cream to rub into my scar and some kind of antibiotic, despite it being thought unlikely there's any infection

Apparently the mildly sore and swollen lower part has become a keloid scar, and from what the NHS site has to say about them, there's damn all they can do about it

Oh well, it's only mildly irritating at times

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Back from the doctor's, clutching a prescription for some kind of cream to rub into my scar and some kind of antibiotic, despite it being thought unlikely there's any infection

Apparently the mildly sore and swollen lower part has become a keloid scar, and from what the NHS site has to say about them, there's damn all they can do about it

Oh well, it's only mildly irritating at times
          <- manly

Comment

CV now out on the job boards again. I talked it over with Mrs covbob and decided that it's probably worth jacking this in for a return to contracting. I'm reminded that I'm just NCOTBAP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Morning.

Tediously sunny.

Cloudless.

Polleny.

Hotter side of warm.

Where has the summer weather gone?

Remind me not to go googling health symptoms.
              Much the same here. Hayfever symptoms are unpleasant and we don't have working air con in here.

It was pleasant at around 6:45 this morning, and it's still OK in the shade. Not very nice in the sun though.

At least there aren't many Esteemed Customers around to clog the place up, it now being out of term.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                CV now out on the job boards again. I talked it over with Mrs covbob and decided that it's probably worth jacking this in for a return to contracting. I'm reminded that I'm just NCOTBAP.
                And of course now we wait for the inevitable spam and fishing. What's the current ratio of spam:gold for everyone else right now? The job boards seem a bit quiet but it is the summer after all.

Comment

Much the same here. Hayfever symptoms are unpleasant and we don't have working air con in here.

It was pleasant at around 6:45 this morning, and it's still OK in the shade. Not very nice in the sun though.

At least there aren't many Esteemed Customers around to clog the place up, it now being out of term.
                  End of term is mid-July.

Best not mention to the customers that they're being diddled out of 2 months education since most of them haven't been here since mid May.

I find it quite striking that my exams began on or around June 16th or so back in the day, so a whole extra 4 or 6 weeks of stuff was fitted in before they started.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X