• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak stroganoff with wild rice and peas.
    'cos i'm Worth it
    nutritious and delicious

Comment

Chinese for dinner

Nice sunset out the back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Chinese for dinner

Nice sunset out the back
        I took a photo of sunset this evening, unusually pure red, almost #ff0000.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I took a photo of sunset this evening, unusually pure red, almost #ff0000.
          I remember the sunsets the year after Mount St. Helens blew up were spectacular. I was at university, doing History of Art as a supplementary subject. One winter's afternoon I was in a tutorial for which I hadn't prepared, on the seventeenth floor of the Attenborough Tower in the office of the head of the department, who happened to be world's leading expert on Turner.

Some other student was reading out his prepared work in an exceedingly boring voice; no intonation or emphasis of any kind. So I was just staring out of the window at this absolutely spectacular sunset. I glanced over at said expert and realised he was looking directly at me, clearly aware I was paying no attention to what was going on, and figured I was going to get a bollocking.

Instead, he looked out of the window where I'd been staring, and leapt to his feet. "My God, what an incredible sunset!" he shouted, much to the consternation of the boring student. He hastily apologised to the student for interrupting but then suggested that rather than carry on with the subject at hand (which had nothing to do with Turner) we instead take a few minutes to watch the sunset.

He and I ended up standing at the window together, pointing out particularly choice bits of colour to one another, while the other students sat there in silence, forlornly clutching their carefully-prepared notes on whatever it was. After ten minutes or so, he reluctantly accepted that the best of the sunset had now passed, thanked us all for coming, and dismissed us

Comment

This evening's first film was one of those that I should have got around to watching ages ago: TRON: Legacy (2010). I've always liked TRON, and enjoyed the early bit which was basically "Here's what the start of that would have looked like if we could do then what we can do now", and it was good fun once it got that out of the way and set off on its own story, too. Lovely effects, which more than made up for the fact that the story is really pretty straightforward

And after that, as I seem to have started the weekend on a bit of a Mission: Impossible kick, I rewatched Mission: Impossible IV - Ghost Protocol. They've totally got the hang of it by this one, with really spectacular stuff kicking off right from the start and a constant diet of gadgetry allowing impossible stuff to happen. Top notch

Also, it's nice to learn that they originally wanted Ricky Gervais to appear in M:I III but production delays meant he couldn't do it so they got Simon Pegg instead; and as a result Simon Pegg has appeared in every M:I film since, presumably making shedloads of cash which Mr. Gervais, quite frankly, doesn't deserve because he's an arsehole

I do like The Office, because an arsehole was necessary for that role. But I first saw Gervais in The 11 O'Clock Show on C4 in the late 1990s, and I thought then that he was an insufferable twat.

Goodnight all

Comment

This evening's first film was one of those that I should have got around to watching ages ago: TRON: Legacy (2010). <snip>

And after that, as I seem to have started the weekend on a bit of a Mission: Impossible kick, I rewatched Mission: Impossible IV - Ghost Protocol.

<snip>

Also, it's nice to learn that they originally wanted Ricky Gervais to appear in M:I III but production delays meant he couldn't do it so they got Simon Pegg instead; and as a result Simon Pegg has appeared in every M:I film since, presumably making shedloads of cash which Mr. Gervais, quite frankly, doesn't deserve because he's an arsehole

I do like The Office, because an arsehole was necessary for that role. But I first saw Gervais in The 11 O'Clock Show on C4 in the late 1990s, and I thought then that he was an insufferable twat.
              I shall look out for IV in the charity emporia. Got III yesterday along with a couple of dups of stuff I've already got, one being "Shadowboxer" which is currently halfway through coz I was too knackered to finish it last night.

My loathing for Gervais knows few bounds and is only slightly less than my absolute unbounded loathing for James fatboy Corden and all his mediocre works.

The one and only appearance of his that I endured was solely because he was in an episode of "Doctor Who".

It was painful. Very very painful. The unbridled stabbity stab urge was almost uncontrollable.

Oh. Just remembered that Gervais was in "Alias" and came to a very sticky end. Enjoyed that.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2018, 07:26.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and warm out again

Comment

Sunday lunch was roast lamb with added lamb's heart.

Should have cooked the heart for longer & at a lower temperature.

It was ok but I have done better.

The car is about to be loaded up for today's trip to the dump.

After which it's off to Tesco for the Sunday afternoon shop.

It's amazing how little we appreciate being able to do this.

For many years all one might do was wander around B&Q on a Sunday without being able to buy anything.

The sheer excitement of my life knows few bounds.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  stuff I've already got, one being "Shadowboxer" which is currently halfway through coz I was too knackered to finish it last night.
                  "Shadowboxer" is done & dusted.

It was alright without being brilliant.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396857/

And independent production apparently.

First semierection with condom that I've seen in something that isn't a pron production.

Followed by the rather odd "Welcome to Collingwood" with William H. Macy, George Clooney, et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271259/

It was okish.

Billed as a comedy but as far as I was concerned, the larf out loud moments are in the 2nd half of the film.

Followed by "The Dark Tower" with Idris Elba et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Including a cameo by someone who once played POTUS for Jack Bauer.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2018, 22:15.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mucking about setting up a small project on AWS, and just realised that a bunch of existing stuff I'd like to use is on my Ltd's account whereas this is on my personal one…

Comment

Mucking about setting up a small project on AWS, and just realised that a bunch of existing stuff I'd like to use is on my Ltd's account whereas this is on my personal one…
                      can't you port it??

Comment

Working...
                      X