• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Followed by "Vantage Point" which is a good deal more impressive a film than the dvd cover might suggest.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Denis Quaid, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker, William Hurt and Matthew (how the feck did I get off that goddamn island 4 8 15 16 23 42) Fox.

Told in a curious way but very effective despite that.
      Added to the list

My evening's entertainment, if that is what it was, started with The Pelican Brief (1993) which, being based on a John Grisham novel, was all a bit lawyerly. Good enough in its way, though.

And then Passenger 57 (1992), starring Wesley Snipes. I actually watched the first twenty-odd minutes of this the other week, but that bit's rather slow and I got bored. Resuming, it turns out the rest of it isn't at all slow, but it's also the purest hokum, with a plot so full of holes it could profitably be slung off the back of an Icelandic trawler. Bonus points for the bit where they had an aerial shot of a helicopter whose registration number was reversed, revealing that they'd flipped the negative, presumably having forgotten to get a shot of it flying in the desired direction

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Added to the list

My evening's entertainment, if that is what it was, started with The Pelican Brief (1993) which, being based on a John Grisham novel, was all a bit lawyerly. Good enough in its way, though.

And then Passenger 57 (1992), starring Wesley Snipes. I actually watched the first twenty-odd minutes of this the other week, but that bit's rather slow and I got bored. Resuming, it turns out the rest of it isn't at all slow, but it's also the purest hokum, with a plot so full of holes it could profitably be slung off the back of an Icelandic trawler. Bonus points for the bit where they had an aerial shot of a helicopter whose registration number was reversed, revealing that they'd flipped the negative, presumably having forgotten to get a shot of it flying in the desired direction

Goodnight all
        "Passenger 57" is an odd film.

As you say, a plot full of holes.

I think I have the Pelican thing somewhere in one of the multitudinous piles of dvds.

In other other news, Mein Fuhrer I can breathe!

A nice drop of drizzle and a semigale has blown the evil pollen away for an hour or two.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and a stiff breeze here. may need to move some of the plants to give them a bit of protection from the wind.
          No rain worth talking about, but hopefully it will come.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all

Overcast and a stiff breeze here. may need to move some of the plants to give them a bit of protection from the wind.
            No rain worth talking about, but hopefully it will come.
            Hopefully I will win the premium bonds next month.

Went to let the chickens out of their run and the rain started. They are out, a new acacia that I pot planted last weekend is now in shelter, the patio umbrella is out of it's stand and lying down, and the sail which keeps direct sunlight off the office in the mornings is down as well.

Comment

Morning all.

Manchester is kind of grey - maybe will rain maybe will not - think we are just a bit south of Hector.

Nearly Friday

Comment

Bugger.

The drizzle has departed.

And the fecking sun's come out again.

Looking on the bright side, as ever, at least it's still windy.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Reasonably grey here though there have been sunny spells. The forecast says we should now be safe from these until this evening, though

Comment

Just for a change: sausage and bacon bap for lunch, with red sauce

As usual the weather forecast was wrong and it's now very Simpsonesque out there, with a fairly strong breeze to cool things down a little

Comment

Making a big batch of chips, as Sainsbury's had Maris Pipers from Lincolnshire in yesterday and they always make a good chip

Comment

Working...
                      X