• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Stone me, I'm watching "Gardner's World".

Off to get my slippers & pipe.

<sing "13 channels of tulips on the tv to choose from">
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlDbP4tdqc

there ye go

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Not quite.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's all-action entertainment opened with Ghost in the Shell (2017), which was pretty good, particularly in the special effects department.

And to follow, just because I hadn't seen it in a while and it was now available in 4K: Independence Day (1996). Spoiler: we won.

Goodnight all

Comment

Last evening's entertainment began with the last 15 minutes of "Gardner's World" wherein Monty Donn showed how to get endless quantities of something no one in their right mind would want to eat, namely courgettes, admittedly golden ones, followed by the latest ep of "The Bridge" (that Saga, wot's she like, like?), then on to a vaguely comic ep of "NCIS" wherein one of Gibb's buddies goes missing.

I rather like the new Abby in NCIS. She's fun & much less (so far) irritating than the previous incumbent.

In other news, the feckwhit POTUS, having destroyed relationships with previous allies following instructions from his puppet master in the Kremlin, is now off to garner a Nobel for selling South Korea down the swannee.

Tis a funny old world.

Not long until the men's hearts failing them for fear bit, no doubt to be followed by the sea of glass.

I wonder if the "have you come to take a spoil" bit is in between or prior to the above.

You just can't beat a nice touch of millenarianism on a gloomy Saturday morning.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 June 2018, 07:34.

Comment

Morning all

Accidentally bought a bass guitar last night.

In other news, blue skies, sunshine and billing the client this morning.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grey skies here.

Relatively cool.

Vaguely sort of sunnyish.

Lunch, such as it was, it being a Saturday, comprised a Pukka all steak pie with Heinz baked beans (snap pot).

Living the dream, living the dream.

The Saturday shop is done.

No stuffed lambs hearts available, I'll have to get one out of the freezer.

Then it's time to dead head the roses out the back.

It could really do with a good prune, but I think I'll put that off for the winter.

A further 6" of dvds purchased this morning, largely because there seemed very little of interest available.

Comment

Morning denizens

Mild, grey day again. Lot of them about for the time of year

Comment

Mr Fitz might be interested in the last 5 minutes of "FOOC" today, regarding the ultimate destination of Wittgenstein's last musings.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Mr Fitz might be interested in the last 5 minutes of "FOOC" today, regarding the ultimate destination of Wittgenstein's last musings.

Sounds like the chickens appreciated them, at any rate

Comment

Much thrashing about has resulted in chicken cacciatore now cooking in the slow cooker

Comment

Working...
                      X