• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for MrFitz

https://twitter.com/GreggsOfficial/s...72174305308673

Although I'm sure you already follow them on twitter

Comment

Morning all

S'murky out, but at least it isn't raining.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        One for MrFitz

https://twitter.com/GreggsOfficial/s...72174305308673

Although I'm sure you already follow them on twitter
        KUATB!

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Nick, one for you...
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Didn't quite know what to make of last evening's epic, namely "Suburbicon".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491175/

Until I realised it was a Coen Brothers epic, which explained all.

Bit slow to start but gets funnier when you (eventually) realise wtf is going on.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Slightly misty start

At the dentist now

Comment

Back from the dentist, after an urgent appointment that was supposed to be fifteen minutes turned into an hour

A large part of that was due to the dentist being young and recently-qualified. He's good but inexperienced, meaning things takes a while because he's exploring all the possibilities. I'd been there thirty minutes when he finally went and got the senior chap, who I think mainly sees private patients, for a consultation. He breezed in, glanced at the x-ray, tapped my teeth a couple of times, announced "It's abscessed; either RCT or extraction, as the patient chooses" and breezed out again, having been in the room for around thirty seconds

So now the existing filling has been drilled out, some cleaning up done, a dressing inserted, and a temporary filling applied. Back there in three weeks at - yes - 2:30

And after that start to my day, I'm not sure I'll bother going shopping, as I could do with a rest

Comment

Grey, humid, bright enough though in Mancunia.

Travel could be affected by the incident from last night unless the police cordon has been lifted by 4pm:
                Trafford Park hit-and-run crash leaves five seriously hurt - BBC News
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The anaesthetic has mostly worn off, so oxtail soup for lunch with the last of the croutons I made sometime last year out of the freezer

Comment

Nothing quite like a root canal to look forward too.

I haven't plucked up the courage to get an appointment for the replacement of the missing filling.

I suspect it's going to need a crown.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Didn't quite know what to make of last evening's epic, namely "Suburbicon".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491175/

Until I realised it was a Coen Brothers epic, which explained all.

Bit slow to start but gets funnier when you (eventually) realise wtf is going on.
                      Seen it.

Odd.

I couldn't work out how he got the bike in the boot until he started cycling.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X