• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You're thinking of the Klingons.

UMIST was named after Diego Forlan.
    Diego who????

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The peonies are in full bloom, the accursed arum lillies are doing their thing, the rose that's decided it's standard is covered in buds & opened roses, the self planted rose* in the front garden is about to burst into bloom, while the bluebells & whitebells have set seed & are looking pretty much past it.

The iris is a bit overwhelmed by the self planted rose, but is struggling on.

The spiky evergreen thing is covered in white blossom, apart from the branches that are dead.

And I'm waiting for the honeysuckle to blossom before I agent orange it again.

Plus the grapefruit bush in the parents' garden is covered in blooms, and on Saturday I rediscovered the single remaining yellow rose (one of half a dozen, the rest having departed this mortal coil many years ago) I purchased from Woolies to celebrate their golden wedding some 16 years ago.

Gosh. 2002 seems a looooong time ago now.

I was still a contractor back then before it gave me up.

*being self planted it is covered in blossom for a week and that's it.
      chin up, old chap

Comment

Morning all.

Warm but a bit grey here (I think - can't quite see the sky from my window and can't be arsed to move).

It must be warm because the air con is making a noise - although it doesn't actually seem to do anything other than whirrrrr away.

Comment

My car passed a nice pali the other day - 133331. Such are the things which enliven my days!

Comment

What's happened to Brillo? He doesn't seem to have been in here for a little while (or at least the few days of scrolling I've just done).

It's awfully quiet with a few regulars (ex-regulars?) away

Comment

Is this ommmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Is this ommmmm?
                I do declare it is!

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Last couple of roast chicken thighs from the other day for lunch

It's clouding over even more now, though the schedule for possible rain has been pushed back to teatime and the thunderstorms cancelled

Going to pop out for a haircut, prescription collecting, and possibly some shopping soon. If I don't do it today, I'll only have to do it tomorrow

Comment

My car passed a nice pali the other day - 133331. Such are the things which enliven my days!
                    I also take note of such important milestones

What's happened to Brillo? He doesn't seem to have been in here for a little while (or at least the few days of scrolling I've just done).

It's awfully quiet with a few regulars (ex-regulars?) away
                    He's taken a voluntary ban for a little while, after the manner of AtW. SE pops in occasionally, but doesn't post much.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                      https://www.theguardian.com/environm...s-london-audax

Rise of the ultra-cyclists: a new breed of riders go the distance
                      There has been a lot of chatter about this article in the Audaxing forums bemoaning the expected influx of lycra clad speed merchants jumping on the Ultra band wagon who just want to get round as fast as possible and not bother with the checkpoints etc. Audax really isn't about that, we do ride long distances but it's not a race. Some folks do use it as training for proper ultra distance races, but they are mindful of the history as well.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X