• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Afraid of being thunderstruck?
      Just averse to sunshine and, particularly, heat

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just averse to sunshine and, particularly, heat
        not to mention veg

Comment

Following on from the morning stroll and shopping, in the afternoon it was the turn of the 3 foot tall grass to get the chop.

Due to the frustrations of the strimmer, I (disregarding all H&S) used the lawn mower as a giant strimmer.

It worked too.

Then I broke out the Lidl(tm) inverter welder for the first time and burned a few rods to see how well it worked.

Seems to do the business and it's distinctly different to the AC arc buzzbox that lives down the shed.

Once I've got my hand & eye coordination back I'll have a go at welding the linepost back together.

The self darkening face shield is a boon too, much easier than the old style ones.

You can actually see what your you're doing.

Well you can before it goes dark. Very dark. As dark as a dark thing.

Tea was yet more fish.

Tomorrow's tea will be fish yet again.

And Wednesday's tea shall be the remains of the lamb from Sunday.

Just had the first impressive sneezing fit after taking a walk down the garden.

All the pollen must have come back down again once the sun began to set.

My welding was interrupted by the advent of a small shower of rain, with rumbles of thunder in the distance.

This evening's entertainment was yesterday's 50 and NCIS LA, followed by the remaining bits & pieces on the BR2049 bluray.

Which were moderately interesting at best.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2018, 07:13. Reason: shocking grammatical spellung erer
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not that keen on this warm weather, TBQH

Bit of drizzle is what we need
            No drizzle here but curiously enormous drops of rain, well spaced out, and rumbles of thunder in the far distance.

Oh, and it's hot too.

It was fecking hot while I was decimating the grass.

Comment

Meanwhile on Twitter, a contractor/freelance game developer writes: "Just googled, 'when is the next bank holiday' and discovered that it's today. Finding out today is a bank holiday at 9:30pm suuuuuucccckkkksss"

Comment

Meanwhile on Twitter, a contractor/freelance game developer writes: "Just googled, 'when is the next bank holiday' and discovered that it's today. Finding out today is a bank holiday at 9:30pm suuuuuucccckkkksss"
                Google calendar told me it's a bank holiday. As client is on holiday with his kids this week, it matters not (much) if/when I work. I will invoice accordingly and not take the piss.

Comment

Still fairly warm here

Goodnight all

Comment

Back in the slough of despond.

'Tis a bit hot in here.

Comment

Morning all
                      High speed dog walk earlier as there's a storm coming. I knew that when she sat on my head shivering with fear at 6am.

Still hasn't arrived yet, but it's very muggy, the pressure is dropping and the wind is picking up.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X