• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Interesting...

Ours work on bank holidays but not on Easter Sunday and Christmas Day.
    Apparently all the usual household waste and recycling collections have been kiboshed for the duration, but they're doing scheduled garden waste collections "as normal" on Easter Monday. No idea what that's about

Comment

I wait until i've filled the bins, apart from the food waste, before i put them out anyway.
      about every three weeks or so.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The perfect tea for weather like today: scouse, with a few slices of soft white bread

I was thinking about it for much of the journey home, but wasn't sure if I had any mince in the freezer. Luckily, there was a pound of prime Scottish minced beef I'd been saving, so it was all systems go

Comment

Real Polish black pudding (in proper sheep / cow intestine not synthetic casing) bought in a Sikh corner shop whilst going to the pharmacy to pick up antibiotics for micro V.

It was actually darn good, though the kids didn't like the idea of Blood sausage so had 'normal food' sometimes its fun being weird Dad!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment started with another episode of Borgen S3, a season (or series) which I will get around to finishing one of these days. Made a change to hear some Danish, after a lot of Swedish and some Norwegian over the last few weeks.

After that, back to Swedish with part one of Brandvägg (TV Mini-Series 2006) (Spoiler Alert: epic spoiler in IMDb's summary, right underneath the title), being one of the original Wallander dramatisations starring Rolf Lassgård. Very good as usual, and I'm looking forward to part two.

And as I still had some ale left in the glass, an episode of Better Call Saul S2. I'm only one away from where I inexplicably left off last time I was watching it

Makes a nice change not having to get up for bins or dentists or doctors tomorrow morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Not quite blue Tuscan skies in Surrey this morning.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Todays chores - laying bathroom floorboards to replace the pissiest ones, removing bags of plaster to the tip, dot and dabbing on new boards to 2 1/2 walls in 2 bedrooms. Due to the builders merchant inconsiderately being too busy to deliver the next order of boards till next weekend, i'll have to find something else to occupy mesen after that. It may well involve the pub..

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Morning all

Todays chores - laying bathroom floorboards to replace the pissiest ones, removing bags of plaster to the tip, dot and dabbing on new boards to 2 1/2 walls in 2 bedrooms. Due to the builders merchant inconsiderately being too busy to deliver the next order of boards till next weekend, i'll have to find something else to occupy mesen after that. It may well involve the pub..
                    ah yes the chipboard floors that are now papier-mache, happy hours hanging on to beams in thin air! I must admit I varnish my bathroom floors now before I lay any flooring, not sure it does any good but its another barrier to moisture. Same with any bare wood in the bathroom. Cut it then varnish it, god I sound like an old man!

Building built in wardrobes and if its dryish laying drainage pipe & underground conduit below the new patio I'm building. Anyone who needs a new home for an unloved one better contact me quick!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit grey out there

Comment

Working...
                      X