• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little over four miles walked

From home to the barber's gentlemen's hairdresser, then up past the cathedral to the Apple Store, back to the chemist's, and home via the hardware store opposite, as the bulb in my bedside lamp gave up the ghost yesterday

Now to unbox and set up my shiny new Apple Watch

Comment

Might pop over to Sainsbury's Local in a bit and buy something I don't need, purely for the thrill of paying for it using Apple Pay on my watch

Though I still have to muck about taking my wallet out to get the Nectar card

Comment

I haven't taken any painkillers today (yet), as when I got up I figured it was at a level where I could manage without, and it would be worth seeing what the levels of pain were without any - sort of calibrating things.

It turns out that, while I reckon I can probably manage without them now, there are all kinds of odd little twinges and such here and there that I've been completely oblivious to

I suspect a lot of them are due to weird postural changes, particularly when sleeping, to avoid triggering discomfort, so hopefully they'll sort themselves out once I'm no longer contorting quite so much

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I haven't taken any painkillers today (yet), as when I got up I figured it was at a level where I could manage without, and it would be worth seeing what the levels of pain were without any - sort of calibrating things.

It turns out that, while I reckon I can probably manage without them now, there are all kinds of odd little twinges and such here and there that I've been completely oblivious to

I suspect a lot of them are due to weird postural changes, particularly when sleeping, to avoid triggering discomfort, so hopefully they'll sort themselves out once I'm no longer contorting quite so much
          You know you are getting old when you take pain killers for one thing and notice all the other things that stop hurting.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            You know you are getting old when you take pain killers for one thing and notice all the other things that stop hurting.
            Yes, it's rather like that but in reverse

Comment

Dinner from the Chinese tonight

That's two weeks in a row I've been on the wrong night and they haven't said anything. Maybe they forgot which night I usually visited during the month when I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Yes, it's rather like that but in reverse
                if alcohol and weed can't cut it, yer fecked!

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    if alcohol and weed can't cut it, yer fecked!

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was wholly TV-centric. I started with something I've never seen before, although everyone would assume I must have done: The Best of Both Worlds, being the two-part ST:TNG in which Captain Jean-Luc Picard is assimilated and becomes Locutus of Borg

Excellent stuff

And after that, part two of the early Wallander thing from last night.

And then I seem to have binged on much of season four of The Americans, which is why I'm posting this update so late, or early, depending on how you look at it

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X