• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to the level of fragrance young people decide to wear someone has kindly opened all the windows on the train carriage. Luckily I have a nice warm coat.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Sounds like an abscess under the tooth Buddy.

Unfortunately I'm a bloody expert .

I have been on the antibiotics for 7 days, yours + 400g Metronidazole tablets, for gum problems.

Supposed to kill blood poisoning and all sorts, I've only had antibiotics 2 times in the past before, 1 was very necessary as gangrene was the alternative, plus potential the loss of a foot

Luckily the really nasty gum infection cleared up, although one of my gum ulcers is still slightly kicking off
      However infection is a lot weaker than before and related to it not being able to heal, rather than internal infection, so I'm thinking that "glue" you have suggested might be just the ticket.

Holding out for stem cell advancements so I can grow my missing fecking teeth back.

Still, I have a full head of hair with very little grey.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth
      I've had several dental abscesses over the years, which is why I was pretty certain of this one. But her ulcer idea is beginning to seem possible, as it hasn't come on as quickly as previous abscesses, and isn't getting worse as fast as they do (in fact, it's got no worse today at all). Also, though I can feel a kind of hard swelling in the base of the gum there with my finger, I remember now it's the site of a previous abscess - the tooth immediately above it is no longer present because of that. So it could just be an ulcer, and it's coincidence it's appeared in that spot were traces of an old, healed abscess can be felt. We'll see

I had an ulcer under my tongue a couple of weeks ago, so they're definitely in season. I've hardly ever had them though; I suspect they're stress related - another thing to blame on the A14

I do recommend the Bonjela Complete Plus - it's excruciatingly painful for about ten or fifteen seconds after you apply it, then the pain gets numbed very rapidly, and it protects it for hours after that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I've had several dental abscesses over the years, which is why I was pretty certain of this one. But her ulcer idea is beginning to seem possible, as it hasn't come on as quickly as previous abscesses, and isn't getting worse as fast as they do (in fact, it's got no worse today at all). Also, though I can feel a kind of hard swelling in the base of the gum there with my finger, I remember now it's the site of a previous abscess - the tooth immediately above it is no longer present because of that. So it could just be an ulcer, and it's coincidence it's appeared in that spot were traces of an old, healed abscess can be felt. We'll see

I had an ulcer under my tongue a couple of weeks ago, so they're definitely in season. I've hardly ever had them though; I suspect they're stress related - another thing to blame on the A14
        Just be glad you haven't had my last few months of annoying ailments.
        Not minor because anything involved with blood is nasty.

That will cheer you up if nothing else

Bongela Plus is on my "A" list, cheers
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Bongela Plus is on my "A" list, cheers
          You can get it from Amazon if you're not going near a supermarket or pharmacy in the real world

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            You can get it from Amazon if you're not going near a supermarket or pharmacy in the real world
            Thanks Nick, I actually had a little look on Amazon earlier, when you first mentioned it .

Still, I maintain this forum is really terrible, never any good advice

I am very fortunate in that I have a friendly and well stocked pharmacy just across the road, will check for this "glue" tomorrow.

I feel I have been to hell and back, with gums and antibiotics recently, good luck!

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Tonight's tea was just the thing for cold weather like this: scouse

A good-sized bowl thereof, to be precise. Also, I remembered that when I was a kid our mum would give us bread to have with it, so I returned to the ancient practice of my people and it turned out it's an excellent idea

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The remainder of this week's Bristol drugs programme was watched during dinner.

Then later, I watched the second half of the Arne Dahl thing from last night. I enjoyed it, though it's not something remarkable like The Bridge.

And after that, I rewatched The Wolf of Wall Street, which is excellent. Though I probably wouldn't have if I'd remembered it was about three hours long. They should standardise the placement of the running time on DVD/Blu-ray cases, as I did look but couldn't find it and figured it was probably about two hours tops

And after that, another episode of The Americans; and so to bed.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X