• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That often?

Or do you mean "I owned a bath before visiting the divorce courts"
    On my cycles I often get the hose pipe turned on me - does that count?

Comment

New coffee machine has arrived (top of the range Nespresso as I'm lazy and the coffee in 15 seconds from switching on was a winner).

Unfortunately Mrs Eek hasn't told me where she wants it in the kitchen and I'm not moving things round to put it where I want it until she's agreed.

Also the capsule container I want isn't a freebie and I can't be bothered to go to a boutique to sweet talk them into giving me the other one as the shops in Copenhagen are far, far easier (I walk past 2 between the metro and the office) to get to than my local one...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Also, when did dentists' receptionists start chuckling at one's lame attempts at humour in the face of adversity, rather than ignoring them and continuing to act like stony-faced curmudgeons? I've encountered this a couple of times over the last few years and it's a huge cultural shift of which I, for one, approve
        Come on, own up. You've gone private haven't you?

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Come on, own up. You've gone private haven't you?
            Not yet, though I probably would have tried the magic words if they'd been unable to see me as an NHS patient today

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post

Comment

Yesterday at the North end of London Bridge the left turn into Cannon Street had been closed off. I assumed it was an accident.

However still closed today!

Lots of cars/bikes going through bank - its going to be a bonanza for tfl....

Comment

Going to change The Wife's (tm) car. Normally buy her a <2 year old one.
                  Getting one isn't as easy as you think, when the requirements are: room for The Dog (tw), reasonable ground clearance, 4wd, petrol & auto.
                  Found one second hand, 5k miles on the clock, 17 plate: £29k (or financed at 4.6% interest).
                  Decided to look at the new price on Broadspeed/Carwow and got exactly same model with £1k of extras, made to order: £28k (financed at 0.5% interest).

So, buying 1 year old is more expensive than new - and it's not even some rare breed car. New she gets.

The good thing is by spending more on her car, when I order the Stelvio she won't be in a position to comment.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Also, when did dentists' receptionists start chuckling at one's lame attempts at humour in the face of adversity, rather than ignoring them and continuing to act like stony-faced curmudgeons? I've encountered this a couple of times over the last few years and it's a huge cultural shift of which I, for one, approve
                    Is your appointment at 2:30? Tooth-hurty?

Forget it....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      New coffee machine has arrived (top of the range Nespresso as I'm lazy and the coffee in 15 seconds from switching on was a winner).

Unfortunately Mrs Eek hasn't told me where she wants it in the kitchen and I'm not moving things round to put it where I want it until she's agreed.
                      So now you get your 4rse kicked for not installing it sooner. As opposed to putting it in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                      X