• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornin'

I have a wet foot after standing on the wrong end of one of those joke paving slabs the council like to install - you know, the ones with a bloody great puddle hidden under them. Bastards.

Also, the lad opposite is leaving today so it looks like there will be a steady procession of visitors and joking throughout the day...

Comment

Is it that time of year already?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Is it that time of year already?
        It's not is it? Brillo's bath? It seems to come round quicker each time

Comment

Cold and frosty one this morning. Had some flurries of snow yesterday afternoon / evening but nothing stayed.

Sun's put now though so should clear up.

Was planning on nipping into town at lunch time, but might give it a miss now.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set for first joint royal visit - BBC News
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Chilly, rather frosty start out; but the sky is clear and the sun has finally rocked up, so the frosty bits should thaw soon

I appear be developing an abscess under the chipped tooth that the dentist forgot to fix last time I went, so now I'll have to waste a load of time trying to get an emergency appointment
            <-- Manly sympathetic.

MrsB has just had a tooth out after 3 weeks of pain from an infection. I'm sure she will sympathize at the Xmas bash next week.
            Last edited by DaveB; 1 December 2017, 09:15.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I appear be developing an abscess under the chipped tooth that the dentist forgot to fix last time I went, so now I'll have to waste a load of time trying to get an emergency appointment
              Appointment at noon, and it's sore rather than agonising at the moment so that's good enough

They'll just give me antibiotics anyway, but getting those started before it becomes huge and excruciating is the main thing.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              :hugs: <-- Manly sympathetic.

MrsB has just had a tooth out after 3 weeks of pain from an infection. I'm sure she will sympathize at the Xmas bash next week.
              for MrsB.

The main concern now is that they give me amoxicillin rather than metronidazole, as I don't want the latter still polluting my system in a week at the Xmas bash, given that it works like antabuse so you can't drink at all while taking it

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                It's not is it? Brillo's bath? It seems to come round quicker each time
                I have a bath before visiting the divorce courts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I have a bath before visiting the divorce courts.
                  That often?

Or do you mean "I owned a bath before visiting the divorce courts"
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Appointment at noon, and it's sore rather than agonising at the moment so that's good enough
                    I hope it goes well. I always think tooth pain is the worst. It seems to affect my entire body.

I recently had about £500 worth of dental work done.....

Comment

Also, when did dentists' receptionists start chuckling at one's lame attempts at humour in the face of adversity, rather than ignoring them and continuing to act like stony-faced curmudgeons? I've encountered this a couple of times over the last few years and it's a huge cultural shift of which I, for one, approve

Comment

Working...
                      X