• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Shopping done. I tried to collect my prescription, but they said it hadn't come through from the surgery yet. I hope the GP's hasn't made a pig's ear of things again; it took ages to sort out last time they did, and I'm away for part of next week so I don't have time for their tulip
    Just popped round there, and the young lady who insists on talking very quietly while facing slightly away from the holes in the Perspex screen she sits behind finally managed to project her voice enough for me to gather that there's been some unspecified problem with the system, but that the prescription is now (in theory) with the pharmacy.

As they only open for about 3 milliseconds on Saturday, and I'm working Monday to Wednesday next week, this means I won't be able to check the veracity of this statement until Thursday, which is also the day I head down to Brighton. It was exactly to avoid this kind of extra hassle that I ordered the damn stuff earlier this week

Comment

Oh, and I've finally got the stuff Amazon delivered then took away again

Comment

Jam doughnuts now

Comment

Jam doughnuts now
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            They count as "no added sugar" if you accept that all the sugar in the dough and the jam and coating the outside is, in fact, part of what makes it a doughnut: essential sugar, if you will

Comment

They count as "no added sugar" if you accept that all the sugar in the dough and the jam and coating the outside is, in fact, part of what makes it a doughnut: essential sugar, if you will
              That's nearly as bad as the fact Tic Tacs are sugar free in the US.

Although the label describes Tic Tacs as containing 0 grams of sugar, Tic Tacs are not actually sugar-free, and you can blame this little trick on serving size. Here’s what*the company*says on their website:
              “Tic Tac® mints do contain sugar as listed in the ingredient statement. However, since the amount of sugar per serving (1 mint) is less than 0.5 grams, FDA labeling requirements permit the Nutrition Facts to state that there are 0 grams of sugar per serving.”
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lick the sugar off first - diet donuts.

Comment

I made a diet pork pie once by accidentally turning on the grill rather than the oven. It was cooked through nicely when I got to it but the top crust had to be ditched.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Lick the sugar off first - diet donuts.
                    Nope not on a diet.

Trying to cut out sugar as I'm addicted.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      I made a diet pork pie once by accidentally turning on the grill rather than the oven. It was cooked through nicely when I got to it but the top crust had to be ditched.
                      Preserved pork products have added sugar.

It's amazing what names they give sugar now. Generally if I think it is another name for sugar a quick Google proves I'm right.

Comment

Working...
                      X