• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol station lunch day

And it’ll be another one tomorrow, as I’m off to London for a conference on Friday, driving down from here and staying in the Premier Inn in Holborn, so the car will need filling up again

Still need to decide whether to come straight home on Friday evening or stay the extra night…

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Lots of useful history
      Thanks Dave - I recall most of those things happening but it's surprising how quickly they retreat into the memory only to be called upon when stirred by something.

I did wonder if zeity's work had had words about his TPD comments about them, but I'd forgotten about the huge amount of other things going on in his life.

Poor old lizard

Comment

Come back Zeity
        Definitely miss zeity.

Incidentally, re mod disapproval, what's this little thing with brief text appearing on just a few threads? Cant find any ref. on CUK

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Definitely miss zeity.

Incidentally, re mod disapproval, what's this little thing with brief text appearing on just a few threads? Cant find any ref. on CUK

Tags. For the tagcloud.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Lot of it about
            I think Brillo and Barry need a good dose of Toddy.

oh, no, i've regressed again.

and some bloke from Basel pis*ed zeity off IIRC.

Comment

Nearly time to bugger orff...

Comment

And have just told ClientCo I'm off soon - decided that I'll do the new contract for a change of scene until at least the end of March and then reassess my situation. Sitting around in here doing SFA is getting rather depressing and I need a motivation shot.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Sitting around in here doing SFA is getting rather depressing and I need a motivation shot.
                  Can't you learn some new skills?

Or better still drivel on tpd all day.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Can't you learn some new skills?

Or better still drivel on tpd all day.....
                    Been doing both of those! I've quietly had the Cisco training vids on for a bit now to sharpen up my skills in a few areas. There comes a point though when enough is enough.

Talk of being moved around and assigned BAU duties is starting to appear on the permie manager's radar. I know he's got work to fulfill but I don't operate well in that space - give me a project plan and a list of deliverables and leave me to it is my style. Sadly the rest of the "contractors" here are rolling over to have their tummies tickled (barring one who's decided year end is retirement time).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      And the post count in TPD continues to drop

(This is currently 301474)
                      It's now 300881
                      Now 30762
                      Now 300423
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...