• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've been feeling a bit better today, though not quite right yet. So I'm having a bedtime toddy, just in case the one I had last night was responsible for the improvement
    An excellent plan, and one that Douglas Adams would heartily endorse.

He (Zaphod) then had another quick one (drink) to follow the first one down and check that it was all right. [...] sent a third drink down to see why the second one hadn't yet reported on the condition of the first. [...] He poured a drink down his other throat with the plan it would head the other one off at the pass, join forces with it, and together they would get the second to pull itself together. Then all three would go off in search of the first, give it a good talking to and maybe a bit of a sing as well. He felt uncertain as to whether the fourth drink had understood all that, so he sent down a fifth drink to explain the plan more fully and a sixth for moral support.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Apparently it'll be a grey start out there, once it actually starts

Comment

It's dark.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

'One-off' £1.5m supercar damaged in crash at Tangmere - BBC News

Good news - I am okay.

I saw a pesky cyclist dropping a gel wrapper and I ran him down.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                'One-off' £1.5m supercar damaged in crash at Tangmere - BBC News

Good news - I am okay.

I saw a pesky cyclist dropping a gel wrapper and I ran him down.....
                Funnily enough, I saw a post on Facebook and thought of you - a new head torch that is 800 lumens, the company say it is not safe for use on the road.
                One of the people replying says “Why not, my normal one is brighter than that and is fine, particularly on country roads”
                Was that one of your FB sockies?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    It's dark.
                    who said that?
                    did you hear someone?
                    i can't see...............

Comment

Do you all hate it when you have discussed something, know it doesn't work perfectly and agree a work around then someone comes and complains it doesn't work perfectly?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X