• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The murrain of beasts has returned with a vengeance.

No more mr nice guy.

The weather forecast said it would be the north wot got it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      The murrain of beasts has returned with a vengeance.

No more mr nice guy.

The weather forecast said it would be the north wot got it.
      black as yer hat here too, now, bloody forecasters

Comment

It was dry until I was halfway to the station whereupon the heavens opened & they haven't shut since.

Not much chance of a golden sunset this evening.

And I can't find the tape measure.

Hope I didn't build it into a cupboard.

I'm giving B&Q a pass this evening, since it's dark, raining, and unpleasant.

Comment

Home!

Made it in 1h 19m, which is a considerable improvement on the 1h 58m of yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Cheers all - too much vino last night methinks. I'm all good this morning (apart from a touch of bunkitis)
            life can be tulip sometimes and you need to vent!

You should hear what my Fruit trees listen to.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been steak & Guinness casserole, with croquettes and peas, and it was awesome

I'm going to be sorry when that casserole runs out, but luckily I made loads of it - about two pounds of stewing steak went into it, and I think there's four portions or so left

Comment

This evening's feature was "Double Jeopardy" with Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd.

Double Jeopardy (1999) - IMDb

Though Tommy Lee Jones doesn't appear for 40 mins or so.

Quite enjoyable.

Comment

Today The Wife (tm) spoke to The Vet. Millie has been up and walking around
                  Millie has had a wee
                  This means her kidneys are functioning and her spinal cord has not been damaged as part of the op.
                  As a result, he has started to reduce her post-op pain killers
                  On the not-so-good news side, she is not eating food and has spent a lot of time shivering in the corner. From our point of view, this is her normal behaviour when she is somewhere strange with none of her own bedding/toys and no sign of us. When she first arrived at the hospital she was drugged up and has spent the last 3 days off her face, now she's worried.
                  We may have to go and visit tomorrow just to get her eating again (maybe take a blanket/toy with us). If she starts eating, we've been told she might be well enough to come home on Friday
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    This evening's feature was "Double Jeopardy" with Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd.

Double Jeopardy (1999) - IMDb

Though Tommy Lee Jones doesn't appear for 40 mins or so.

Quite enjoyable.
                    Ooh, I bought that on spec the other day - glad to hear I haven't wasted my money

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Today The Wife (tm) spoke to The Vet. Millie has been up and walking around
                      Millie has had a wee
                      This means her kidneys are functioning and her spinal cord has not been damaged as part of the op.
                      As a result, he has started to reduce her post-op pain killers
                      On the not-so-good news side, she is not eating food and has spent a lot of time shivering in the corner. From our point of view, this is her normal behaviour when she is somewhere strange with none of her own bedding/toys and no sign of us. When she first arrived at the hospital she was drugged up and has spent the last 3 days off her face, now she's worried.
                      We may have to go and visit tomorrow just to get her eating again (maybe take a blanket/toy with us). If she starts eating, we've been told she might be well enough to come home on Friday

Comment

Working...
                      X