• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This evening's feature was "Three Kings" with Mark Wahlberg, George Clooney, Ice Cube, Spike Jonz.

It was about the first Gulf War, and being made in 1999 misses out all the years of endless fun that have transpired since 2003.

Three Kings (1999) - IMDb

I thought the cow scene was ROTFLMFAO funny.

Much of the rest of it was simply tragic.

Ho hum.

Comment

Not much telly for me tonight, though I caught a bit of a thing about Customs at Dublin Airport while I was eating dinner. Apparently they used to have a problem with pilgrims returning from Lourdes who had filled their holy water containers with vodka

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all off to the beach today (was told we would leave at 7am to beat the crowds)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And off to new (we’ll old from January) end clientco.

Let’s see how many impossible things they want to achieve before breakfast (or when I official begin in 3 weeks)
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Last evening I had a thought about a yellow glass ornament of ZeitMater's.

So I got the geiger counter out, changed the battery (BBE2005), and lo! clickety click click click.

The yellow glass is, indeed, uranium glass.

<Zeity in "glowing gently in the dark" mode>

Later ZeitSis, ZeitNephew & ZeitNephew's wife are turning up for lunch.

That's gonna cost me another £100 then.

And we shall attempt to get something sorted out about this house.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Last evening I had a thought about a yellow glass ornament of ZeitMater's.

So I got the geiger counter out, changed the battery (BBE2005), and lo! clickety click click click.

The yellow glass is, indeed, uranium glass.

<Zeity in "glowing gently in the dark" mode>

Later ZeitSis, ZeitNephew & ZeitNephew's wife are turning up for lunch.

That's gonna cost me another £100 then.

And we shall attempt to get something sorted out about this house.
              Sell the damn thing.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Sell the damn thing.
                Which damn thing?

The jug or the house?

or both?

Just askin' like.

Comment

I am so completely and utterly fecked, and not in a good way, that I think I'll sit here for a while & have a doze.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright, sunny day here, with no sign of any Bank Holiday downpours. Very odd

Comment

I'm still sitting here.

Quietly reading El Reg.

And listening to the jackdaws squabbling about something (probably pears) in the garden.

I shall get up & wash the dishes in a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X