• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I'm currently halfway through "Assassins" with Sly Stallone & Antonio "overacting psycho" Banderas.

It's touch and go as to the dvd surviving the exercise.

Remind me never to watch anything with that oily spanish gimp in it ever again.

I think I caught a little bit of one of his other films which filled me with equal loathing.

Assassins (1995) - IMDb

Dreadful.
    Thank feck that's over.

Definitely one I'll never watch ever again.

Sly was ok but Banderas was the pits.

I was about to watch S14 E20 of NCIS, but it was a fairly crap ep all in all so I think I'll go to bed instead.

If I'm honest I don't think any of the remainder of the season are worth watching really.

Especially not the fecking wedding ones.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 4 August 2017, 08:19. Reason: E20 not E19

Comment

Tonight's televisual entertainment opened with another episode of The Pacific. Nearly at the end of that now.

This was followed by an episode of Homeland, which reminded me of a New Yorker profile of Claire Danes that I read recently. Apparently she's the kind of person that invites a huge number of friends, family, and probably anyone else she can persuade, to come round to her family home on those holidays like Thanksgiving and such that they have over there, and then forces them to take part in these activities (called "games") that she's devised, apparently in the belief that people are incapable of getting together and just enjoying themselves, and need to be supervised by some kind of ringmaster and forced to have "fun" in a structured manner with defined goals. And I'm not just talking half an hour of charades, or Trivial Pursuit: this is really complex next level crap that occupies the entire day and involves all kinds of complicated quests and puzzles.

I hate that tulip. Just give me a beer and some little sausages on sticks, and we can all chat tulip or whatever; nobody needs "activities" when they're just trying to enjoy a day off work with friends

Anyway, this was followed by an episode of The West Wing, because sometimes you need something down to earth and realistic as an alternative to the preposterous nonsense that is, in fact, the unvarnished news about American politics these days

Bin day in the morning! Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A bright, sunny start to bin day

Comment

Morning all clear blue skies and a bit windy here. "Good drying weather". Will have to go down the garden and grab the memory card from the camera trap. The night before we had a badger (fairly certain due to the marks on the lawns), so the trap which has been unused for months went back out again.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another grey day. Ho hum.

Plus I think I've got some sort of lurgy coming on, probaby caught from the spiders in the attic.

Not to mention the ongoing lumbago of course.

I seem to be falling apart.

Comment

Badger set off the trap at 2.07am, but didn't cross the line of sight of the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  He's just tweeted that the neck got him in the end

Sterling effort though!
                  Thanks Nick, and everyone else who was following me.

Morning all

Sadly the neck did get me. Limped the last 60km to Pocklington with my hands on the armrests of my Tri-Bars trying to stay as upright as possible so i could see where i was going.

Turns out it's a known thing for ultra distance riders, Shermers Neck, and you won't know it's an issue for you until it happens. No quick cure, just extended rest to let the neck muscles recover followed by exercises aimed specifically at strengthening them, so thats next on the list.

Gutted not to have finished as the rest of me was in pretty good shape and I was on course for a good time, well inside the cut off.

In the end I managed 1091km of 1436 over 3 and a half days.
                  Last edited by DaveB; 4 August 2017, 08:56.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Welcome back Dave.
                    Do you think some time in the next few weeks/months once your neck has recovered you might head to Pocklington and cycle the last bit?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X