• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching "Don't deport me I'm British'

interesting

I watched Islam the language of science which was fascinating.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Watching "Don't deport me I'm British'

interesting
      Not watched it but I think if you educate and indoctrinate someone as a child it may be worth keeping them if they ain't a criminal by the time they are 25.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Not watched it but I think if you educate and indoctrinate someone as a child it may be worth keeping them if they ain't a criminal by the time they are 25.
        The decision is taken at 18.

unfortunately it seems many of them are smuggled in the hope they stay and form a beachhead so the rest of the family can follow. They are economic migrants who are expected to send money home.

I had some sympathy for the ones who did not commit offences but we have to be fairly harsh to deter more.

One was convicted of class A possession and deported back to Jamaica.

Another claims his father was in danger (which his mother denies) and denies living with a relative in England he is back in Bangladesh.

its all a bit fishy.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The lawns have been mown.

Next door has got thousands of those newly arrived and highly invasive plantain like things with the red/mauve flower on a long stalk.

They've spread up the valley over the last 5 or 6 years and are a right bugger to keep under control.

Mowing the feckers at least stops them from setting seed.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            The decision is taken at 18.

unfortunately it seems many of them are smuggled in the hope they stay and form a beachhead so the rest of the family can follow. They are economic migrants who are expected to send money home.

I had some sympathy for the ones who did not commit offences but we have to be fairly harsh to deter more.

One was convicted of class A possession and deported back to Jamaica.

Another claims his father was in danger (which his mother denies) and denies living with a relative in England he is back in Bangladesh.

its all a bit fishy.
            Thing is it doesn't work.

Shame it's denying their human rights to refuse to allow their family in as they are 18 so adults.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Time to try to get some sleep, though my phone keeps buzzing due to people replying to a Twitter thread I replied on today. Twitter's new misfeature of automatic reply-all sucks

It's a thread about bus tickets in Liverpool in the 1960s-70s, so it's not as if I need to keep up with every reply as a matter of urgency

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another fairly sunny sort of start out there today

Hoping the promised thunderstorms turn up this evening

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning Guys.

Glad I have missed actually going into Client Co to sign a compliance document.
                      I suggested it was far quicker to scan, sign and return than go up in person

I am much preferring to be perusing CUK and drinking a rather fine coffee (Rwandan), rather than flogging up into town.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X