• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm off to the Chinese for dinner. I don't think I'll bother wearing a coat
    And very nice it was too

I need to pop up to the petrol station to pick up that parcel, now the Amazon Locker is no longer bathed in sunshine, and then I shall have a beer (or more), and a film (or more)

Last night's extravaganza, for the record, was The Fugitive starring Harrison Ford. Spoiler alert: unlike that mildly disappointing film the other week which started with the chap surviving a train crash which we didn't get to see, this one had a spectacularly huge train crash before the twenty minute mark

Comment

Parcel popped for

It's still very warm

Comment

I may even put up with having the fan on while I watch a film, as the cooling flow of air may be enough to make up for the vaguely annoying noise

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I may even put up with having the fan on while I watch a film, as the cooling flow of air may be enough to make up for the vaguely annoying noise
          Pali

Comment

And in another stride forward for lizard kind, there is now a Bluray player attached to the HD telly.

It's interesting (to me) that the resulting system is now so complex with so many wires connecting this to that to the other that I have no real idea how the feck any of it works.

A random pressing of buttons on assorted remote controls is now sufficient to provide entertainment of a sort if I'm lucky.

This evening's entertainment, not including climbing ladders, defrosting fridges, or stringing wires here there and everywhere, consisted of 4 eps of the Oz customs thing off Pick, with the usual 10 minutes or so of the NZ motorway cops, followed by the first bit of "Killer Elite" to see if the Bluray thingie played dvds.

It did.

With remarkable clarity on the HD telly.

I'm also pleased to see that I now have BBC4 in HD by frenetically pressing buttons in the correct order.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Tea has consisted of the final two fillets of kippered herring with butter, M&S finest, BBE aug 2012.

Assuming they weren't toxic, they were very nice.
              Not dead ye

Comment

Tonight I watched Inherent Vice, which lots of people have raved about, possibly because it's based on a Thomas Pynchon novel and they want to appear cultured, possibly for other reasons such as really enjoying it on its own merits. I thought it was OK, but nothing that special. There were some amusing bits, and the underlying premise that's gradually revealed is fairly intriguing in a conspiracy-theory-loopy kind of way, but I was a bit "meh" for the most part, though YMMV

Having made my way through the two-and-a-bit hours of that, I fancied something a bit less obviously cerebral, and ended up watching Non-Stop again. Not really cerebral at all, but a well-crafted and well-acted thriller, with lots of guns and fights and an explosion or two, so all good

And continuing down the road away from cerebrality, I then watched a couple more episodes of Quantico, which I've abandoned for several months at least twice before, but am determined to get my money's worth out of even if it takes me several years to put up with all twenty-two episodes. It's an interesting premise let down by dreadful plotting and scripting. I mean, maybe it's actually devastatingly accurate in portraying highly-trained FBI officers as a bunch of petty-minded quarrelsome brats who are allowed to just walk away from their duties, thereby compromising a critically important terrorism investigation, whenever they have a snit over some minor perceived slight by a colleague (and that's after they've passed their training course, which they never should have done given that they acted ten times more spoiled during it), but I'm not convinced

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all going down to the beach for a dog walk and breakfast, then back home for lunch.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Another glorious morning.

Someone's borked the weather again.

After yesterday's ladder based exertions I am equally borked, with the joy of anticipating today's labours with the glorious vacuum cleaner.

Comment

Ah, dear dead days beyond recall, I wonder whatever happened to Harry:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ate-start.html

Comment

Working...
                      X