• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I doubt your AWD could penetrate as deep into the forest as mine, Lt Gruber.
    Ah, but you let yourself down by becoming a moderator of this forum.

NAT suggested, including an attached pic, that your AWD is below spec, unreliable and under powered.

That having being said he could have sent me a picture of Suitys vehicle
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Just make sure the tip will take paint cans. The two closest to us don't, the closest one that will is 30 miles away.
      They take all sorts there. One good thing about Leicester is that the council has always been pretty big on recycling all kinds of stuff

Comment

Been a few showers here, but no proper rain yet

Comment

So, the trip to the tip was done. Being disposed of today, along with the paint cans, were the old base cabinet I pulled to pieces weeks ago; and the cooking oil out of the deep fat fryer, which I have been saving so I can take it to the tip but haven't actually taken there for several years.

It turned out I had fifteen containers of it. They're 3 litres each, though of course there's some loss when its used for cooking. But when I got there the blue plastic barrels into which one tips it were full. I asked the tip people, and one of them got around behind and discovered that all the ones at the back were empty; I got the impression that somebody who's supposed to ensure they're rotated is in line for a bollocking.

Anyway, this meant I started with an empty barrel. I don't know what their capacity is but, by the time I'd finished, it was half full

Nice to have all that out of the kitchen at last. I did notice that one of them had a best before date in 2013, and I think they have a year or so to go when bought from Sainsbury's…

I tried to strip what ironmongery I could from the disassembled cabinet, such as hinges and latches. The Frankenstein nature of the thing became apparent from the fact that I needed both a crosshead and flat screwdriver, plus a pair of pliers and a claw-head hammer; and some screws I couldn't get off as the heads had been stripped when it was put together. Anyway, that all went in the wood skip.

And the three paint cans, only one of which was mine, made a fairly poor showing against the vast number they had - there were three cabinet style things of them already full, and the one I dumped mine in was close to it

So quite a productive day, as far as creating lebensraum in the kitchen is concerned

Comment

I also had to fill the car up, as I normally do that when shopping on Friday. This meant I had an excuse to nip into Sainsbury's and get some jam doughnuts

Comment

Nearly time for Apple's WWDC keynote

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Been a few showers here, but no proper rain yet
                It pissed down mightily on Zeity as he trudged to the station, of particular wonder was stepping on the paving slab which rocked & gave him a wet foot & leg.

Twas, unusually, dry in Neath, though it's pissing down now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  It pissed down mightily on Zeity as he trudged to the station, of particular wonder was stepping on the paving slab which rocked & gave him a wet foot & leg.

Twas, unusually, dry in Neath, though it's pissing down now.
                  The heavy stuff should be arriving here very soon

Comment

Wet dog walk done. The Dog (tw) has been showered and is drying herself
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X