• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's movie extravaganza was Aliens - the first time I've watched it on Blu-ray, and also the first time I've watched the extended "Special Edition" which, AIUI, mainly puts back a bunch of stuff early on that the studio made them cut on the grounds that audiences are too stupid to understand the development of a story and just want guns'n'explosions. Very good, I thought, and it was worth having the additional back story about Newt's family finding the alien ship.

And then I returned to Mr. Robot, which I'd left hanging a couple of months ago, and watched a couple of episodes which bring me close to the denouement of series 1. It's good; not The Wire good, but good nonetheless.

Goodnight all
    I much preferred "Aliens" to "Alien".

Much more kickass and badass from Ms Weaver.

Nice to see the late Bill Paxton too.

There's an extended cut of "Terminator II" that's worth a look too.

The ZeitFlatulence is fairly overwhelming this morning. <pfffft>

And I haven't had any lentil <pfffft> soup since Thursday.

Oh good.

They're busily pushing updates at the moment.

Just as well there's only one esteemed customer in the lab, what with all the restarts required.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 15 May 2017, 09:32.

Comment

Morning all just in from a misty and wet dog walk. About to have a shower and get dressed. Won't be gardening today. Might go back to organising music and getting CDs ready to go to Ziffit.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        The ever tedious Sunday afternoon shop completed.

Ran out of cash so had to use a card in Morrisons.

Ho hum.

I even remembered the correct PIN.

Lovely sunny afternoon, I should go out & decimate some weeds, but I think I'll have a quiet sit down in the mean time.

Old age doesn't come alone.

Youth is wasted on the young.
        Trick is to save the seeded pin on your phone as phone number

so pin=1234
        seed=1111
        result=2345
        phone number
        0775 123 2345

I only do that for low value cards (limit <£1000)
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          I much preferred "Aliens" to "Alien".
          I loved alien as it was my first 18 film. Saw it when I was 16 in Windsor cinema.

It was so good I removed my fingers from my gf's knickers for a while.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy day today. I suppose it makes a change from all that sunshine and warmth we had to put up with yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Grey, rainy day today. I suppose it makes a change from all that sunshine and warmth we had to put up with yesterday
              However it is due to even warmer air pushing in? So will get hotter over the next few days?

Roll on winter...

Comment

I know how to make it rain. I need to start watering my grass...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I know how to make it rain. I need to start watering my grass...
                  or announce hose pipe ban?

Comment

I suppose I might as well drivel for the century.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I suppose I might as well drivel for the century.
                      Before I go to Tesco...

Comment

Working...
                      X