• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Then to home bargains to get plastic plates for DD for DoE. SAdly she chose plain - I wanted her to have peppa pig...
    That is cruel, DD used mine, she had to point out to her teacher they were older than her teacher.

Now the Anjungilak sleeping bag is a couple of years younger it would be a tie.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's film has been Bad Lieutenant with Nicholas Cage, directed by Werner Herzog. It was OK though a bit short on explosions

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's film has been Bad Lieutenant with Nicholas Cage, directed by Werner Herzog. It was OK though a bit short on explosions

Goodnight all
        A palimpsest of the earlier version starring Harvey Keitel?

Bad Lieutenant (1992) - IMDb

Bad Lieutenant (2009) - IMDb

it would appear so, though "it's not a remake" seems to feature loudly.

Same title, same name of leading character.

Yeah.

Right.

The 1992 version was deeply unpleasant.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 14 May 2017, 07:09.

Comment

Sunny here.

Comment

Morning denizens

Been raining overnight, judging by the puddles, but it's sunny and rather Simpsons now

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              A palimpsest of the earlier version starring Harvey Keitel?

Bad Lieutenant (1992) - IMDb

Bad Lieutenant (2009) - IMDb

it would appear so, though "it's not a remake" seems to feature loudly.

Same title, same name of leading character.

Yeah.

Right.

The 1992 version was deeply unpleasant.
              It did feature some rather odd bits, like when the police characters were discussing something while on a stakeout but the camera spent all its time in extreme close ups, rather shaky so clearly shot with a handheld camera, on a couple of iguanas which were, for unexplained reasons, hanging around on a table in the room

I noticed as I fast-forwarded through the interminable credits that there was a special credit saying "Iguana/Alligator Shots: Werner Herzog". I'm not sure we needed to be told; I'd already assumed those bits were his fault

Comment

One house roughly vacced.

Moderately disappointing roast beef for lunch.

Dunno why, but it seemed tasteless.

Followed by some stewed gooseberries (as stored in the freezer by ZeitMater at some time prior to 2014 which will, forever, remain a mystery), with some nice custard.

I didn't put enough sugar in the stewed gooseberries so they were just a little bit tart. My lips should finally unpucker about 6 p.m.

I found yet more dyed haddock or cod as I burrowed down towards the bottom of said freezer, along with a couple of packets of frozen sweetcorn.

Goodness knows what else is in there since that's just the easily discovered contents of one vertical stack.

Hopefully further exploration will reveal further treasures.

Comment

Once again I have to deal with the question of whether to freeze the extra sausages and bacon, or eat them. As there's plenty in the freezer, eating won again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Once again I have to deal with the question of whether to freeze the extra sausages and bacon, or eat them. As there's plenty in the freezer, eating won again
                    You should get a dog.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X