• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching some film called Rupture on sky cinema.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Watching some film called Rupture on sky cinema.
        I've seen that. SPOILER ALERT: Some interesting bits, but I thought the ending was a bit silly

Comment

Tonight's repast has been a couple of those fancy M&S pork chops, accompanied by sautéed potatoes, petits pois, and gravy; and very nice it was

Now I'm going to watch Jason Bourne, featuring the character Jason Bourne, as seen in a number of other films with "Bourne" in their titles such as Bourne!, Bourne Again, and of course Bourne Free. I have no idea if it's any good, but it's one of the few films available on 4K UHD Blu-ray that I thought I might enjoy watching, so I'll give it a go; if nothing else, it'll remind me why I spent so much on a fancy telly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Now I'm going to watch Jason Bourne, featuring the character Jason Bourne, as seen in a number of other films with "Bourne" in their titles such as Bourne!, Bourne Again, and of course Bourne Free. I have no idea if it's any good, but it's one of the few films available on 4K UHD Blu-ray that I thought I might enjoy watching, so I'll give it a go; if nothing else, it'll remind me why I spent so much on a fancy telly
            This didn't happen, as the disk turned out to be faulty

I gave it several tries, and tried other UHD disks; they worked fine, but not the Bourne one. So I got on the Amazon app on my phone, and a replacement is arriving on Sunday, and I can drop the faulty one off in the Amazon Locker to be taken back.

So instead, I watched Scarface - the 1983 incarnation with Al Pacino. It was good, though there were a few bits that would have probably been cut to a faster pace for modern tastes.

And after that I re-watched The Devil Wears Prada, and confirmed my opinion that it's a very funny film even if you don't know or care about fashion - though it's worth knowing that it is said to have greatly annoyed Anna Wintour, the renowned editor of Vogue, on whom Helen Mirren's character Miranda Priestley is allegedly based

Goodnight all

Comment

I've seen that. SPOILER ALERT: Some interesting bits, but I thought the ending was a bit silly
              I got bored in the end and did not finish it....

Comment

Comment

This didn't happen, as the disk turned out to be faulty

I gave it several tries, and tried other UHD disks; they worked fine, but not the Bourne one. So I got on the Amazon app on my phone, and a replacement is arriving on Sunday, and I can drop the faulty one off in the Amazon Locker to be taken back.

So instead, I watched Scarface - the 1983 incarnation with Al Pacino. It was good, though there were a few bits that would have probably been cut to a faster pace for modern tastes.

And after that I re-watched The Devil Wears Prada, and confirmed my opinion that it's a very funny film even if you don't know or care about fashion - though it's worth knowing that it is said to have greatly annoyed Anna Wintour, the renowned editor of Vogue, on whom Helen Mirren's character Miranda Priestley is allegedly based

Goodnight all
                  That's why I like the film.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all misty here on the dog walk and we've had a reasonable amount of rain overnight.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning

First time out on the bike since Sundays shenanigans. Everything still seems to be working ok.

Perfect timing getting home, just after Son and MrsB had finished removing an errant Starling from the chimney and cleaning up the resulting mess
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X