• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Voakes pies too

Comment

Baby bp has a skiing lesson this afternoon. 999 is on speed dial.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Voakes pies too

WoW!

They look totally lovely.....dribble
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

New gig still approved. Verbal contract 5 weeks ago. Actual contract 2 weeks ago. They are still doing checks.

I just delayed start date from 15th May to 22nd May. I just hope that one sticks...

Comment

The aforementioned probate swearing is done & dusted.

Took all of 10 minutes from entering the building, leaving my bag with the security guard, going up in the lift, ringing the bell, nice chap turning up to get us to affirm, signing, affirming, then going back down in the lift, retrieving stuff from nice security guard & thereafter leaving.

Then paid my first visit to Pret, had a very expensive sandwich & fizzy drink which appeared to be sans any E which might possibly give it some flavour,

This done, wandered down what turned out to be Queen Street, thus ensuring that I knew wtf I was.

Having established this, off down to the Hayes to visit Waterstones, spending £60.

Found my way back to the station, got confused by all the platforms & suchlike, took the first train I could find that was going West, and travelled to Bridgend.

Unfortunately a screaming infant was also travelling. Ho hum.

The train went on its merry way to Maesteg, whilst I waited for the 15:02 to Carmarthen, which was delayed until 15:11, apparently because someone had hit a bridge Shrewsbury way.

Meanwhile the 125 following it was also delayed by someone trespassing on the track near Reading.

Despite the dire warnings about the Carmarthen train being packed to the gunwhales, and passengers shouldn't board but wait for the 125, I got on at the front & it didn't seem all that crowded to me since I got a seat in the vestibule.

There we are, wot I did today.

Oh, and I went to work too, for a little while at least.

Interestingly*, the chap with a bike who got on at Llanharan wanted to go to Barry, which apparently necessitates a change at Bridgend.

I didn't know that.

*Only of any interest whatsover to Gricer of immortal memory.

Still can't get over how much Cardiff has changed in the last ten or fifteen years.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 13 April 2017, 17:12.

Comment

Ahhhh
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home, and four-day weekend!

Though that's just "weekend" for me

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Just went and brought beer
                  I just popped over to Sainsbury's Local - loads of OP, still on the promotional price

And I think I've decided what to have for dinner

Comment

Boeuf bourguignon wth chips and peas for tea, and exceedingly nice it was

Now I shall relax with a beer and some telly, and the thought that I don't even have to be up for the bins tomorrow

Comment

Hey Zeity

Manly
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X