• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Having spent ages pondering what have for dinner, I remembered that I'd already taken it out of the freezer to defrost last night, so there was nothing to decide
      Having consumed my lunch, I then turned on this box & discovered that the ZeitNephew & his mrs would have liked to have lunch with I in Neath.

Ho fecking hum.

But looking on the bright side, as ever, the washing is done, having been started yesterday evening, continued at 07:00 using the time on the washing machine to avoid needing to get up to press the button, and finally the 3 hour cottons wash just finished.

The shirts dried overnight, the jeans & socks have been drying on the line since 09:00 or so, and the sheets & towels have just arrived on the line 10 minutes ago.

The boundless excitement of my life knows no limits.

And to add to my joy, the discontinuing of the ibuprofen seems to have allowed the stiff neck & shoulder discomfort to return almost unabated.

Ho very fecking hum.

, it's a lovely day, so it's off down town to do some shopping, followed by the inevitable mowing of the lawns.

I think I'll mow around the little tulip that's poked its head above the grass in the front garden.

Several years ago I mowed most of its fellows out during a spat with ZeitMater.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 8 April 2017, 12:55.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Lovely sunny day out there. The trees, resplendent in their new leaves, seem to be enjoying it

Comment

Strewth it's warm.

Had sit down in a dark room to cool off after returning from town.

It may just about be possible to leap into lawn mowing action now I've taken another ibuprofen to deal with the pain in my neck & shoulders.

Ho hum.

Comment

And following the ZeitLawnMowingFrenzy(tm), I am now officially half dead, the stiff neck is worse, the pain in the shoulders has returned, so all in all, a good afternoon's exercise.

Aided by 400mg of ibuprofen.

Comment

A big shout out to Morrisons and pressure cookers.

I bought some braising steak that looked very nice, but I had to make something with it mid-week and the instructions said cook for 2-3 hours.

I've got a pressure cooker that I've never really used, but had to break it out of storage or we have never been able to eat the meat.

I threw in some carrots and onion, made a stock out of bovril and harissa paste and 30 minutes later had the most fantastic stew.

The steak was the best meat I've had in many a long day.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Evening all

What a beautiful day!

Comment

Just fried some plaice I got from Morrisons.

I didn't realise quite how unprepared it was.

Not my finest meal by any stretch of the imagination.

ZeitGrandmother would not have been impressed with my efforts.

Maybe I won't do that one again.

Been looking in M&S for a microwave pressure cooker they had advertised back in January.

It appears to be no longer available.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Evening all

What a beautiful day!
                    Indeed, and set to be more of the same to tomorrow. Topped of by a new PB for 40km on the bike this morning, without actually trying for it
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Indeed, and set to be more of the same to tomorrow. Topped of by a new PB for 40km on the bike this morning, without actually trying for it
                      Very well done. I have given 'kudos' in the appropriate place

Trying to build up fitness. Usual club doing 50 miles tomorrow which is a bit beyond me at the moment. Local facebook organised group got a 'slow' 25 miler, but their slow is my fast, but might give it a go.

Comment

Working...
                      X