• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Dog towels turned over on the line - they're almost dry. Two more eggs from the girls, so that's good too.
    Dogs eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      He's got birds.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Went to buy some tester pots from Wickes. Anyway got to the till and the woman ramble that this colour isn't made any more so gave me two of the tester pots free. However I checked online and all the colours I chose are standard ready mix paint colours -

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          He's got birds.

Oddie (about 5 years old now, stopped laying, has odd legs and can't run properly), Ozzy (big Spurs), Bluey (had no tail feathers when we got her), Edwina (no tail feather when we got her and a bright red bum, like she'd had a big curry) and Skinny Minnie (so scrawny when we got her, didn't think she'd survive)

Our first ex-bats were Oddie & Shelley (she laid the first egg). After Shelley shuffled off this mortal coil we had Lois, Hattie and one other, whose name escapes me.

...Hillary, that was it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The gas cooker arrived about half twelve

It came without the eye-level grill and back panel bit attached, which I'd been warned about. Fitting it was generally pretty straightforward, though I haven't bothered connecting the grill's gas pipe.

The gasman is going to get here to fit it some time between three and five, so I'll let him do that bit - he'd have to check it anyway, so he might as well screw it together too

And I nipped out and got a corn-fed chicken with which to christen it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The gas cooker arrived about half twelve

It came without the eye-level grill and back panel bit attached, which I'd been warned about. Fitting it was generally pretty straightforward, though I haven't bothered connecting the grill's gas pipe.

The gasman is going to get here to fit it some time between three and five, so I'll let him do that bit - he'd have to check it anyway, so he might as well screw it together too

And I nipped out and got a corn-fed chicken with which to christen it

Comment

There we are, the first PIC assembler lesson of the year done & dusted.

They seemed ok with it despite finding new ways to feck it up, some of which are down to the inability to see extensions to file names and such like with Win7.

I was troubled with excess wind during said lesson, just as well I went to the bog to let it go.

The famous phrase or saying "Never trust a fart" springs to mind.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 13 March 2017, 16:35.

Comment

Right need to look at the paint now the light has changed.

Interesting...

Comment

I should have said the light colours have all gone white there as the brighter colours aren't as bright. So I need to choose one of the colours that doesn't annoy me in the day.

Comment

The gasman has been and connected everything, and the oven is ready for use

And I feel mildly as part of the process of getting it ready for use has been running the grill and oven for a while to burn off the oily protective coating they put on at the factory. I had to keep the kitchen door shut while doing it to avoid setting off the smoke alarm which is just outside it, and the fumes are rather unpleasant.

But that's sorted now, and I can begin learning how to cook again. The old oven never managed much above 180° when run at full blast, so my cooking style adjusted to deal with it. Now I suppose I'll have to start setting it to something other than mark 9, and using normal cooking time calculations

Comment

Working...
                      X