• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Have you tried Black Sheep Riggwelter as an alternative? Brewed by (a) Theakston after all...
    I just walked to Asda and brought 4 bottles of OP for £5 instead.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Finished at 4PM - Check.

Released a final version of an extremely complex report, based on a view that produced a nasty Cartesian product (not written by myself obviously ) which is now 100% correct, rather than 98% - Check.

Arranged the comms to give them an environment for application and report testing - Check.

Pricing two pieces of immediate work which should provide 6 months of future contract extensions for a colleague and me - Check.

Waiting for beer o'clock and the walk to the shop soon.

Cheers
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Fecksake. Log on to submit timesheet and get told to do a H&S course.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I'm convinced Sainsburys is deliberately not selling OP.
          I've got it from both the big one and the little local one in the past week

Comment

All errands run, or at least all those I remembered to do. First to the chemist to collect monthly prescription. Then down the road to the optician, as one of the nose pieces snapped off my reading glasses on Wednesday - new one fitted free of charge. Then out to the Royal Mail sorting office to pick up a book that had been too big to fit the letter box. (The book isn't that big, but the packaging is.) Then down to M&S and Sainsbury's for provisions, and to get the car washed because the A14 is very mucky of a winter, and to fill up with petrol.

And then headed home, and some idiot almost smashed into me by trying to suddenly change from the outside lane to the inside while I was already there - he came within an inch or two of smashing into the side of me. Luckily there was an empty bus lane to my left that I could veer into, thereby just averting disaster

Slumping back now with a glass of juice and a bag of crisps, wondering which of several options to pursue for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              (The book isn't that big, but the packaging is.)
              Ooh - the reason for the oversized packaging is that the bookshop, who are in Ireland, have included a free copy of their own magazine - bigger than A4, glossy, around 140 pages, with essays on all kinds of stuff, from the private library of Jorge Luis Borges to the philosophy of music

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Of course, then I'll be 20 minutes from home and need to be back at Brownies in an hour. Which is silly. Because whiling away an hour is what pubs are for. And there are many close by
                Oh...............dear

Cheers!
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

All errands run, or at least all those I remembered to do. First to the chemist to collect monthly prescription. Then down the road to the optician, as one of the nose pieces snapped off my reading glasses on Wednesday - new one fitted free of charge. Then out to the Royal Mail sorting office to pick up a book that had been too big to fit the letter box. (The book isn't that big, but the packaging is.) Then down to M&S and Sainsbury's for provisions, and to get the car washed because the A14 is very mucky of a winter, and to fill up with petrol.

And then headed home, and some idiot almost smashed into me by trying to suddenly change from the outside lane to the inside while I was already there - he came within an inch or two of smashing into the side of me. Luckily there was an empty bus lane to my left that I could veer into, thereby just averting disaster

Slumping back now with a glass of juice and a bag of crisps, wondering which of several options to pursue for dinner

Had an old guy do that on the motorway many years ago, we were doing 90 mph downhill in my mothers old style mini.
                  I had to vear into the fast lane to miss him, Luckily there was nothing there, as I didnt have time to have a proper look.

Scared tulipless
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Had an old guy do that on the motorway many years ago, we were doing 90 mph downhill in my mothers old style mini.
                    I had to vear into the fast lane to miss him, Luckily there was nothing there, as I didnt have time to have a proper look.

Scared tulipless
                    I had a Transit van do something similar to me on the M1 recently, pulling in from the outside lane as if I wasn't there - I had to swerve sharply in front of the poor sod I'd just overtaken in the inside lane. I do wish other drivers would stop doing tulip like that

Comment

I had a Transit van do something similar to me on the M1 recently, pulling in from the outside lane as if I wasn't there - I had to swerve sharply in front of the poor sod I'd just overtaken in the inside lane. I do wish other drivers would stop doing tulip like that
                      Yeh, my experience was a long time ago, but you bought it right back home.

Beer opened - Check

Enjoying something Indians living in high altitudes actually do very well - Check
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X