• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1am, early night for me. TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Glorious afternoon, golden sunshine, and much warmer that it's been.

Nice rainbow observed about 13:00 or so.

Pretty.

Comment

Been quite pleasant here too, though with a few showers latterly

Today's trip to the Amazon Locker yielded a hand blender, whose addition to my collection of culinary implements is intended to usher in a new age of soup making - not to mention sausage and mash and shepherd's pie

Comment

Conference finished now to kill a couple of hours before my 8pm train
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Conference finished now to kill a couple of hours before my 8pm train
            Going all the way round on the Circle Line used to take almost exactly one hour, but sadly you can't do that any more

Comment

First go cooking a frozen Greggs Chicken Bake. Verdict: excellent, but I think I should have put it in my pocket in a paper bag and walked round the block with it, to cool it to eating temperature

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Glorious afternoon, golden sunshine, and much warmer that it's been.

Nice rainbow observed about 13:00 or so.

Pretty.
                That was then.

Now it's dark & raining incipient murrain of beasts.

Ho hum.

Lunch was scrambled eggs.

Tea turned out to be some of the latest batch of lentil <pfffft> soup, followed by some very nice kedgeree made with some smoked basa from 'Nam* for that authentic Agent Orange flavour.

*That's 'Nam via Morrisons fish counter. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Comment

This late afternoon's televisual entertainment was provided by R. Lee Ermey's epic production "Lock and Load" about machine guns, starting with the Gatling and ending with the Minigun.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    That was then.

Now it's dark & raining incipient murrain of beasts.

Ho hum.
                    Looks like your rain will be here between ten and midnight

The boring laundering of shirts for ClientCo has been done. At least I only need to do three of them now

Comment

Moved the stuff from the old kitchen cabinet to the new one

I was a bit confused for a moment that it appears to take up a lot less space, until I remembered that the new one is several inches deeper than the old one. Also, organising the stuff rather than leaving it in the heap-of-assorted-things formation to which it had degenerated over the years seems to help

Comment

Working...
                      X