• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather app on the phone shows a snow symbol for the next three days. A look at the Met Office forecast for hereabouts shows the chance of a snow shower around teatime, but nothing more

Might get the shopping done in a bit, just in case

Comment

Feck feck feckity feck feck feck.

Mandated change of domain in this tuliphole.

Now can't access anything of minor importance.

Can still browse the web though, which is what matters most.

Feckwhit eyetea dept.

Comment

Yet another cluster****.

You couldn't make it up.

Comment

Battled through the rain and got enough shopping to see me through the weekend and beyond. Not that the rain which has been falling all afternoon shows any sign at all of turning to snow, or even sleet; but you can't be too careful

And I bought myself a new dressing gown, in which to make the most of my final week of freedom (and then four days a week of freedom once I'm back at ClientCo). It's got a nice warm soft fleecy lining and - get this - a hood!

It's too classy to even think about wearing it to Tesco, though I reckon it'd fit right in at Waitrose should I fancy going shopping in slumberwear like they do oop North

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Battled through the rain and got enough shopping to see me through the weekend and beyond. Not that the rain which has been falling all afternoon shows any sign at all of turning to snow, or even sleet; but you can't be too careful

And I bought myself a new dressing gown, in which to make the most of my final week of freedom (and then four days a week of freedom once I'm back at ClientCo). It's got a nice warm soft fleecy lining and - get this - a hood!

It's too classy to even think about wearing it to Tesco, though I reckon it'd fit right in at Waitrose should I fancy going shopping in slumberwear like they do oop North
            Are you of the travelling fraternity, then
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

He's a contractor. Contractors travel for work.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                It's not just travellers, even though those ones someone was whining about in the news last week may have been. I follow people from Yorkshire on Twitter who have frequently commented, with great contempt, on people in their neighbourhood doing the shopping or the school run in their pyjamas and dressing gowns.

Though maybe it happens in the south too, but nobody down there complains about it or thinks it undignified

Comment

Time to go join the merry throng wending it's cheerful way out of town, down the M1, across the M62, back into a different town and then out of that one too, to home.

Comment

Well that was tulip. 4 hours today for a 100 mile round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Well that was tulip. 4 hours today for a 100 mile round trip.
                      Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X