• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    mmm

slow cooked steak with onions & mushrooms.

Tomorrow we have

Slow Cooker Beef Heart Recipe | The Frugal Farm Wife

In the evening Spag Bol - slow cooker again!

Sunday = Lasagne (with the spag Bol.)
    Thanks Vetran, we bought a slow cooker over Christmas and I need some recipes.

Though I'm not sure about beef heart.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Thanks Vetran, we bought a slow cooker over Christmas and I need some recipe.

The 3L cooker cost £10 from Tesco. It's even got low/high/warm settings and a light, which is more than a Crockpot costing twice that.

It's great! (Any more recipes much appreciated btw).
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning all S'murky out. Trip to the dump first on the list to dispose of the old tumble dryer.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Go boil your head!!!

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          mmm

slow cooked steak with onions & mushrooms.

Tomorrow we have

Slow Cooker Beef Heart Recipe | The Frugal Farm Wife

In the evening Spag Bol - slow cooker again!

Sunday = Lasagne (with the spag Bol.)

Adventure food: Sheep head boiled, Pacha a great delight - Always Foodie

When I was young, my Father had one of these occasionally. Along with Ox tongue, Ox tail, and all sorts of offal stuff.

Comment

Quick tip for road cyclists: when it's foggy and wet, if you put on your black all-weather gear and have no lights on, don't ride down the middle of a road expecting drivers to see you.
            (Oh, and if you have lights, switch them on, not to blink, but to fully on, and make sure they are adjusted correctly so they don't blind horse riders and other road users)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Quick tip for road cyclists: when it's foggy and wet, if you put on your black all-weather gear and have no lights on, don't ride down the middle of a road expecting drivers to see you.
              No! It's your fault as a driver for NOT looking! Lights are only needed between sunset and sunrise. Evil polluting motorist!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                No! It's your fault as a driver for NOT looking! Lights are only needed between sunset and sunrise. Evil polluting motorist!
                I was looking, that's why I spotted the guy riding dangerously.
                When I was learning to cycle, one of the mottos was "see and be seen". If visibility is low, it doesn't matter whether the time says the sun has risen, if it's not providing enough light, then you need to supplement it.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Thanks Vetran, we bought a slow cooker over Christmas and I need some recipes.

Just had lunch, soft meaty, cross between good steak (Base flavour & consistency) & Liver (slight taste).

Teamed with potatoes and brown bread.

And at a few pence a pound its worth a try.
                  Last edited by vetran; 7 January 2017, 13:06.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                    Adventure food: Sheep head boiled, Pacha a great delight - Always Foodie

When I was young, my Father had one of these occasionally. Along with Ox tongue, Ox tail, and all sorts of offal stuff.
                    Brains not so much but Tongue & tail are incredible if done right.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You can't go far wrong with liver, fava beans and a nice chianti.

And it's so economical.

I shall be having stuffed lamb's hearts for tea.

Two at £1 a piece.

Yum.

Comment

Working...
                      X