• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    don't I went to Morrisons last night with Miss V1.

£5.82 braising steak at 19p about 30 on the shelf. Slow cooker duly filled with Onion, Mushroom & slabs of Beef + Oxo. Beef stew tonight (tastes fantastic), Beef pie tomorrow night. I actually paid full price 65p for the Onions!

£6.23 Rump steak 19p in freezer for a night when the kids are out.

I only went for some Ham & Milk
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk done. According to this app I went 3.5 miles in just under seventy minutes, so about 3mph

My legs, unused to anything more than a stroll round Sainsbury's lately, got mightily annoyed at first. But I rested on a bench for a few minutes then went on, and they apparently realised that this was, in fact, what they're for in the first place, and started getting into the spirit of things a bit more. A walk down there, or out at Bradgate, every day or two should soon get them back in shape.
      slow & steady, started at 3 MPH & gradient 2 on the treadmill now at 3.6 & Gradient 7. Off onto the cross trainer in a bit.

Comment

Just putting the nutritional info for the various Patak's sauces I rely on for curries into this fitness app, as the figures supplied by the "online community of users" are wildly variable and either completely wrong or lacking in things like sodium levels, probably because UK nutritional info on packaging now has the amount of salt instead, and people don't know that mgs_of_sodium = grammes_of_salt/2.5*1000.

Anyway, I discovered from the info on Patak's own website that the sauces with far and away the highest calorie levels are korma and pasanda. And they seemed so light

Comment

Anyway, I discovered from the info on Patak's own website that the sauces with far and away the highest calorie levels are korma and pasanda. And they seemed so light
          Though mind you, they aren't really that high in calories in the first place.

Bhuna seems to be the lowest, though it's a narrow thing between that and rogan josh

Comment

The ZeitFishDiet(tm) continues apace.

After yesterday's variation of coley (which we used to deem fit only for the cat and I'm not altogether sure that wasn't correct), today's variation was some Morrisons salmon steak in some sort of marinade.

It was (unusually) done to a turn rather than baked until it was dead and was very nice.

Tomorrow we're back to the unmarinaded stuff.

Friday shall be baked M&S haddock in breadcrumbs.

Comment

Exercise done.

Watching some debt collecting program - G4S are being chased by a dental hygienist for work she did on behalf of them.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Though mind you, they aren't really that high in calories in the first place.

Bhuna seems to be the lowest, though it's a narrow thing between that and rogan josh
                A good low calorie meal to fill you up is a bowl of soup. However the soup mustn't​ have cream in it.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Exercise done.

Watching some debt collecting program - G4S are being chased by a dental hygienist for work she did on behalf of them.
                  did G4S's client escape before he paid them ?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    did G4S's client escape before he paid them ?
                    Nah.

They owed some woman a few thousand and refused to pay up. So she took them to county court, they didn't turn up and so she sent the bailiffs after them.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Nah.

They owed some woman a few thousand and refused to pay up. So she took them to county court, they didn't turn up and so she sent the bailiffs after them.
                      I watched this. The guy with the Cars, and his mate giving it large until the fuzz were called and he quickly scarpered.

Bourne Identity is on. I will watch this. Every time. I love these films.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X